RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

HP Smart Array P222 can't see WD RE4 drivers

Aleksander

Hi guys!

The HP Smart Array P222 (firmware v8.00) can't see WD RE4 WD2002FYPS drivers (4x2Tb). If I use it in HP Smart Array B120i it's ok.

How are the drives connected to the P222?

With Mini-Sas cable from drive basket.

Does the P222 recognize other drives?

Yes it recognize other WD drive (500Gb), but at the first P222 also recognize these drives (WD RE4, RAID 10). The drives is alive (I checked it).   

Did you create the RAID10 on the P222 or migrate it from the B120i?

I've created the RAID 10 on the P222.

When did the P222 stop seeing the RAID10?

In microserver I saw the red light (instead blue) and got the message that the RAID has broken and need to recovery. Then after recovery P222 can't see the disks. I connected it to B120i and delete the RAID and again connected to P222 (now it saw the disks). I've tried to create RAID again and after reboot it can't see the disk.

After reboot, it can't see the physical WD drives or it can't see the RAID10 disk? Have you run the diagnostics in SSA on the P222?

After reboot, it can't see the physical WD drives or it can't see the RAID10 disk?

The physical drives.

Have you run the diagnostics in SSA on the P222?

Yes, the same result.

Do you have different set of four drives you could try making a RAID10 array with?

When you ran the diagnostics in SSA there were no errors?

It seems I solved the problem. I've been delete the RAID with B120i and reset the CMOS battery. Now the P222 see the drives. Thank you for help!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• t20_user
      By t20_user
      Folks,

I have no idea what to do and need your help. I just installed Windows 7 Pro SPI 64-bit on the 1TB drive that comes with the T20. I used the Legacy Boot option to be able to install the OS. This HDD is MBR. Now I added 2 4TB WD disks to the system to use them as storage disks. I converted them to GPT using Disk Part to be able to use the 4TB capacity. In the BIOS POST screen, they do show up as 3.6TB drives. However, after I start Windows and go into Disk Manager, I see only 1.64TB capacity in both disks. I tried to use EaseUs and MiniTool Partition Wizard to change the sizes but neither worked. Both softwares show a maximum of 1.7TB capacity for these disks and do not allow me to increase the sizes.

I updated BIOS to A04
      I tried to switch boot mdoe to UEFI and unchecked Legacy ROM but then the system does not boot saying there is no bootable disk. I have to keep using Legacy mode. Is this the issue with the disk sizes? Should my OS drive also have to be GPT to match the storage drives? But with GPT, I cannot install Windows 7.
        What should I do to fix this issue? I am completely confused and would appreciate your help. Please guide me step by step.

• Joe_Miner
      By Joe_Miner
      $169.99 WD RED 4TB WD40EFRX with Promo EMCYTZG232

Good to Midnight 5/4/14
    • Dave
      By Dave
      Western Digital WD Green WD20EARX 2TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136891&

Use Promo Code: EMCXVWV34

$84.99

• Dave
      By Dave
      Western Digital Red WD20EFRX 2TB IntelliPower 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
      $99.99 Free Shipping
      Promo Code: EMCYTZT2830
      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822236343&Tpk=N82E16822236343