RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Problems with 250W Seasonic SS-250SU Power Supply

leto

Hi Guys. Wonder if anyone bumped into same problem. I bought this replacement power supply (actually from ebay) to bump up the wattage

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=17-151-142&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=11552995&PID=5334937&SID=17214X742339Xc597319d271bcdcb16a174d179346859

hocked things up (iLo works) but then when I press Power button server goes on and then immediately off with blinking red light with

log message System Power Fault Detected XR: 20.... etc

I hook up original PSU back everything work fine. From the ATX power connector I can see there is some difference in wires. Original PSU doesn't have any blue

wire. There is also a pair brown+ orange wires in the original PSU going into one connector and

on Seasonic there is a pair of two orange wires going into another connector. Basically, I can see small difference. 

It may be a faulty PSU but I give it a 10% probability. Does anyone know what the heck is going on with these? Is HP flipping some wires on PSU to confuse things?  

Edited by leto

Was typing on my phone and missed a few things. The connector I'm talking about is a 24pin one (the main one on the motherboard). Again I doubt that PSU is bad. Wondering if there is some sort of 24pin converter for flexATX to HP. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

Thank you guys

Edited by leto