RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Henrik
      By Henrik
      Hi Community,

First, my specs (briefly):
      MicroServer Gen10
      AMD Opteron X3216
      Win Server 2016
      [...]

Problem:
      The Taskmanager shows only 1 CPU-core instead of 2.
      (ref. image 1)

Solutions tried:
      checked msconfig...no CPU-Limit set checked, whether other users see the same amount of CPU-cores in task-manager (ref. image-link (internal) 2)  
      Anyone out there with an idea to solve this?

Greets
      Henrik

• iwilltry
      By iwilltry
      Hi there,
      I hope this topic fits here just right.
      So a few days ago, I moved my Microserver Gen8 to a friend's place and resetted it.
      When we set it up with new disks, the raid-creation in OpenMediaVault (Debian 9.6) failed.
      `smartctl` tests passed just fine though and vendor-tools also didn't report any drive errors.
      What happened?
      - I start the Raid creation via `mdadm` and after a while (random blocks and times), it fails and the second disk seems to fail (e.g. sda and sdb are creating a raid, then sdb gets "kicked out" and reread as e.g. sdd, sometimes even with only a few GB of space instead of 3TB).
      I tried attaching the second disk on ata2 and ata3, but it keeps failing. The one on ata1 works just fine though.
      I tried different disks and vendors, but get the same results.
      There are some errors in `dmesg`, but I don't know what they mean. I pasted them here: https://pastebin.com/raw/XASQJ6cy
      What I did here: I stopped the raid to re-create it, but then didn't do anything for a while and the error still came up.

Can someone help me with this? (As a wild guess, I'd say that somethings wrong with the SATA connections at least on ata2 and ata3).

Thanks in advance
    • Sug7
      By Sug7
      Hi Guys,

New member here, some great info on this forum so hopefully a few of you have experience with the Intel E3-1260L CPU running in a HP Microserver Gen8? 

I know for sure it will work as I’ve seen some good threads on here but can anyone tell me if the upgrade made a noticeable difference in the fan speeds and noise?  

Im looking at putting two Gen8’s in a living room in place of an old N54L so cautious of too much noise..

• stoney73
      By stoney73
      Wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction here. Have just replaced the CPU on my gen 8 microserver. Went according to the video above. Upon booting the server up, there is a clicking sound coming from the main board. Regular as clockwork, and the server isn't posting. Any ideas? I've swapped back to the G1610T CPU, but still the same issue. And just make it interesting, I don't have access to a monitor or keyboard.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/zyLJWBZQ4mTQ818o2
    • korso
      By korso
      Dear HomeServerShow:

I just upgraded my CPU from a 1610T to a 1220L. All is going well, but I noticed fan speed has increase from like 10-14% to 14%-18%. I am wondering if someone else who upgraded is seeing the same just to rule out that I applied thermal paste wrong, screwed up heatsink install or something like that. I was expecting more or less (or even lower) fan speed as this CPU has a TDP of 20W, and the 1610T had 35W.

Thanks a lot!