RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

RESET 44 - World Backup Day and Burst Mining with your spare hard drives

Dave

I know you have some spare drives laying around.  Listen up and put them to good use!

Also, world backup day.  When I wrote up the Synology C2 post earlier this week I found some errors in one of my backups.  Check your data and backup, 3, 2, 1!  This was a fun show, I hope you enjoy it.

Subscribe here - http://reset.fm

I may get in on this burst mining. But it may take me a couple of weeks before I can get started.

I dont have hardware I can use for this at the mo, outside of the N40L, I can throw 20Tb at it though as long as the machine is enough to run it once its sat there for 2 months plotting the drives out :D

I have my N40l setup with eight 4 TB drives in it, but ran out of time to get it going. Will need to get back to it in a couple weeks.

Worth sticking 20Tb in an N40L and leaving it to do its thing or it not really fast enough?

That would be a good start.  You can always add storage to it later.  It may not be a hoss with the CPU but if you want to continue you could always upgrade the box.

I dont have hardware I can use for this at the mo, outside of the N40L, I can throw 20Tb at it though as long as the machine is enough to run it once its sat there for 2 months plotting the drives out :D

I would consider plotting on another box if you can manage it.

I could plot in my main rig I guess, given the 5.25" bays just have cables hanging out of the front :D

Is 20Tb worth doing, thats all I have in space really atm