RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Not able to boot from USB in hp proliant Microserver Gen10

arun.1234

Hi I have Hp Proliant Microserver Gen10, i have windows 2008 in my usb and i want to boot it from my usb

howeve when i use the boot option i cannot find the option to boot from usb 

kindly help how can i boot from usb 

Hi I have Hp Proliant Microserver Gen10, i have windows 2008 in my usb and i want to boot it from my usb

howeve when i use the boot option i cannot find the option to boot from usb 

kindly help how can i boot from usb 

You should follow this article if you have created your USB with UEFI boot:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/975535/you-cannot-install-windows-server-2008-r2-on-a-computer-that-uses-efi

I choose legacy bios and now i can boot from usb ,and i could install successfully windows 2008 r2 , but when i try to attach usb to install drivers, it does not detect usb at all

How can i make the usb detectable , so that i can install network drivers and other drivers

Thanks in advance

I choose legacy bios and now i can boot from usb ,and i could install successfully windows 2008 r2 , but when i try to attach usb to install drivers, it does not detect usb at all

How can i make the usb detectable , so that i can install network drivers and other drivers

Thanks in advance

Did you install the following?

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=1009955119&swItemId=MTX_211d556fda9a4428ad288c39ce&swEnvOid=4184

Thanks for your response 

The Problem what i face is that i dont have network drivers and i miss many drivers in the newly installed windows 2008 r2 in Hp Proliant MicroServer Gen10

Even though i tried to connect usb drive and  external portable CD drive to install the drivers , none of this is getting detected in the newly installed OS