Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Dave
      By Dave
      Arlo Pro by NETGEAR Security System with Siren (VMS4230) – 2 Rechargeable Wire-Free HD Cameras with Audio, Indoor/Outdoor, Night Vision (Certified Refurbished) - $269.99 Regular price is $400
      I remember paying $280 for base and one camera.  Nice deal!

http://amzn.to/2Iyghrs
    • Dave
      By Dave
      $159.99 

Good deal for an automation tablet. Cameras maybe?

http://amzn.to/2tTD7GE
    • Dave
      By Dave
      Package Contents: 1 x 4K WiFi Sports Camera, 1 x Waterproof Case + Screw, 1 x Frame, 1 x Clip, 1 x Adapter, 1 x USB Cable, 1 x English User Manual

FuriBee F60 4K WiFi Action Camera only $29.99

Silly name?  Ya. I bought an action cam that is practically the same. Built on same body, lens, etc.  I paid way more than this and love it.  It's really nice having this extra camera around.  I also picked up a kit that has tons of mounts and stuff.  This one has a waterproof case too. Nice to have!  This price is practically risk free and I have had good luck so far with GearBest.
    • ultimusrex
      By ultimusrex
      Hey everyone. First of all, I'm unsure if this is the best place for this thread, so admins, feel free to move it, if necessary.   As I am just starting (or trying to get started) setting up a smart home/home automation system, and I am a huge technophile, it has always been a dream of mine to have a cool (and useful) central touchscreen control panel in my house. As I was dreaming up future plans for my smart home, I revisited this concept. At first it was a fleeting and fanciful dream, since there is no way that, on our budget, I am going to waste an expensive tablet computer to act as a mostly dedicated wall-mounted control panel. But then my eyes got wide, along with my grin, as I remembered the likes of www.gearbest.com -- with a huge selection of relatively dirt cheap off-brand smart phones and tablets. So now I've been thinking very seriously about this possibility and searching for a good tablet at a good price, as well as some nice wall-mount hardware.   So I'm wondering what you all think about the DIY touchscreen control panel for the smart home. Do any of you already have something implemented? I am trying to compile a list of possible uses for such a device, to make it as useful (and cool) as possible. If you have any ideas, or know any good apps for this purpose, please include them in a reply. The ultimate version of this idea would be to have a tablet eventually in most rooms of the house, maybe a larger, slightly more expensive one near the home entry, and smaller, cheaper satellite devices throughout. I personally would prefer an Android tablet for this, but if you have any ideas for an iPad (or Windows), please share those, too.   Here are some of my own ideas: Home Automation Control Center -- most likely using the mobile app for whichever smart home ecosystem you have decided to go with in your home Weather Station -- Lately I've been really happy with an Android app called "Weather Timeline" that I think would look good and work well Music Player -- I don't think this would work very well if you're a big audiophile, but using the tablet's bluetooth, you could connect it to bluetooth speakers in the room or a bluetooth receiver in your media center and play Pandora, Spotify, or whatever over them, or find a more robust whole-home music system that has an tablet app available for control. Video Phone -- using Skype, Google Hangouts, or whatever. Motion Sensor/Security Cam -- I know there are ways, with combinations of apps and the likes of Tasker, to have the built-in (front-facing) camera watch for motion then start recording or broadcasting when it sees something. Intercom -- if you have tablets mounted in multiple rooms and don't feel like shouting across the house to your spouse or children, you could "call" them on the tablet network. I know there has to be some walkie-talkie-type apps available, or there's always Google Hangouts with voice calls and video calls. Note/Message Center -- you could keep a notepad or sticky notes widget, or an audio note app, on the home screen so you can leave memos to your family, manage your shopping list, etc. Household Calendar -- using Google Calendar (or whatever app/service your household uses), you could keep track of everybody's agenda. Security System Control Center -- Currently, we have an ADT system, but once our contract is up, I'm hoping to cancel them and set up a self-managed system and use a mounted tablet for controlling and activating it.  
      I'm sure I'll think of some other ways to use a wall-mounted tablet, and I'll try to add them to this list as they come to me (or as I add them to my own mounted tablet).
    • kylejwx
      By kylejwx
      Simply register your phone number(s) and email at www.bestbuy.com/giftcardreserve by this Saturday (2-9-2013).  When you purchase your phone at Best Buy anytime in the year 2013 you will automatically receive a $50 Best Buy gift card applicable towards the cost of your phone or anything else at Best Buy.   You can do this with 5 phone numbers, so it could save you up to $250.

Full Disclosure: I work for Best Buy, but I am posting this as a member of the Surface Geeks community because I feel that it is a fantastic deal. If this is not the appropriate place for this, let me know and I will take it down.