RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Dave

Outdoor audio video system with TV for Pool House

Dave

We're talking outdoors.

IMG_20171120_144233.jpg

This image is of the structure uncompleted but it's what I found first.  The largest rectangle is the TV that is inside the structure.  It's outdoors but covered.  No direct rain or moisture but in the elements and possible indirect moisture.

An outdoor 55" TV is $2000.  What is a 55" at Wal-Mart? $300? $400? Plus sound bar.

The 151's look good.  Probably overkill as a TV speaker but would certainly work.

The smaller rectangles represent the area where I'll put outdoor speakers that will serve music to the pool area.  I'll try to get you some better photos soon.

schoondoggy

That helps, I can see why you were going the way you were heading. I agree on the TV, buy a cheap 55" and throw a flannel backed vinyl table cloth over it when it is not in use, something soft on the back and water proof on the front. Any chance you would build the TV speakers into the wall the TV will be hanging on?  

Jason

Look for an inexpensive TV “monitor.” They do not include an integrated tuner and sell for much less. Did this out near our pool. Ended up with a large 4K model for a steal. Besides not many people use integrated tuners in ANY TV. Instead you use your cable providers STBs tuners, etc. In our case we use whole house TiVo.

Dave

I was going to hang the speakers on the TV. Or attach them so they hang in the air on the sides or under.
Interesting. I've never shopped for a simple monitor like that.

Jason

I actually learned about this somewhat by accident. Ran across a killer deal on a Vizio 4K TV. For the promo price, didn’t really care if was virtually disposal for outdoor use. Turned out to be far from it. Couldn’t understand the catch - because it didn’t have a tuner.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I have a friend who has a similar setup as you and his sound bar only lasted about 6 weeks. I don't remember the brand but I do know it was a high-dollar soundbar. We replace that with Klipsch speakers and those have been installed for about 4 years now. Not to mention you can't get speakers that sound much better.

Dave

I was hoping to have something by the TV that blended with the TV.  Almost like a weatherproof sound bar.  What is your friend's TV?

schoondoggy

Most of the weather proof sound bars are for ATV or boats, not really setup for surround. Peerless makes outdoor sound bars. A sound bar mounted to the TV does make a clean looking solution, but it does defeat the purpose if the amp in the receiver.

Dave

I think at this point I just need mono sound. I certainly don't need 5.1 or probably not even stereo. Just sound!
It will be HDMI to receiver and speaker wire to the bar. That's what I I think I'm settled on. Wire can even go to RCA Jack's if needed. May be able to do optical as well.

schoondoggy

There are passive 3 channel sound bars that would use the amp in the receiver, but not outdoor rated. If you use a traditional sound bar the receiver will mainly be a source switch.