RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Technet Subscription -- Where to Buy?

whsdude

I just assumed one would buy such a subscription from MSFT for $199. Then I realized other retailers offered the same product for discount.

For example, costcentral has it for $167.

http://www.costcentral.com/proddetail/Microsoft_TechNet_Subscription_Standard_2010/JRF00001/11085318/

Has anyone bought theirs anywhere other than MSFT?

Rob

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jmwills

• ikon

• JediTim

• whsdude

An add-in for FireFox shows me that is is available from 8 retailers, from OfficeDepot to TigerDirect. Go for the lowest price which this vendor has.

Hey let me know what you find is the cheepest becuase I am also interested.

When I did some research I also saw that there are some cupon codes online (expired tho).

I am waiting for a 25% off or something simillar before I purchase.

Nate

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question about technet? When I renewed I see my prior request for keys, but no new allotment

of keys for the respective products. If no new keys are granted, why wouldn't I just claim them all

and not renew, or am I doing something wrong?

I sure hope you claimed all your keys form the previous subscription. I believe those are still available for 30 days after the end of the contract. Spend 15 minutes and click thru all available keys and export them with the tools provided on that page. Each subscription gets a new set of keys.

I sure hope you claimed all your keys form the previous subscription. I believe those are still available for 30 days after the end of the contract. Spend 15 minutes and click thru all available keys and export them with the tools provided on that page. Each subscription gets a new set of keys.

I just got mine Sub a couple days ago from cost central for $175, incl shipping. So you are saying pretty much claim all you can (the earlier, the better), right? Do you actually download all the ISO's as well? I guess you might as well on the stuff you think you might need.

Thanks for you help on this.

Are you saying the keys expire? I thought the keys are good for ever, even if you don't renew. I need to find the link where I read that, but do you have a link to the 30 day rule?

Here is the link:

http://www.winsupersite.com/article/totw/save-even-more-money-with-a-technet-standard-subscription.aspx

They are good forever. It's just when I renewed the old ones were still there, taking up

slots for my allotted keys. I did claim some of the keys for the popular pics such as

Win7 Ultimate prior to the downgrade from 10 keys to 2, but not all of them. Maybe I'll

go through later, claim more and export them. I renewed with the less expensive option

this time as I don't use the enterprise software. Even at 2 keys each, it's still a

great deal.

• 1 month later...

Anyone know of any discounts going on right now. I need Vizio, Office 2010, and v2 or server 2008 so I figured it would pay for itself.