RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Magic WOL by Maplegrove Partners

TheWiz

Security certificate is part of the WHS security, it only occurs when browsing the remote site internally, nothing to worry about.

Thanks,

Christian

Maplegrove Partners, LLC

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mseagrov

• TheWiz

• dcard68

• Sean

Top Posters In This Topic

The only additional observation worth mentioning was a time-out error that I haven't been able to recreate.

I'd say release this version because it works and it is much better than anything else I've found.

Thank you for the hard work. Now I'm interested in steaming my videos to my Android.

The timeout is an invevitable part of the WHS remote site security. 1.00.99 should come through auto updates soon.

Thanks,

Christian

Maplegrove Partners, LLC

• 1 month later...

I've been experiencing a pretty annoying issue lately, causing my WHS console to take a long time to open up. When I first open the WHS console, it takes a while and I get the following error:

WOL-Error1.PNG

Then I go to Settings -> MagicWOL -> Home and verify that all of the MAC address maps are empty

WOL-Error2.PNG

I hit refresh and it discovers all of the connected devices properly:

WOL-Error3.PNG

I hit OK, but every time I close the console I have to repeat the process all over again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Sean

Hi Sean,

After confirming with our webserver, it seems your product keeps producing the Warning you see below because it has been unable to successfully save activation information to your system, and keeps attempting to re-activate with our server.

Please remove your current installation.

Then open REGEDIT: and delete this key (folder)

CURRENT_USER --> SOFTWARE --> Maplegrove Partners

Then re-install the latest version and re-enter activation proccess. If problems presist please be sure to reply to this thread and we will issue a new license and further diagnose this as a possible bug with our software or your WHS.

Thanks,

Christian

Maplegrove Partners, LLC

That seems to have worked perfectly, thanks!

Are there plans to create an updated version of this for WHS2011? I may upgrade in the next few months, and this utility would is super helpful.

Thanks,

-Sean

Hi Sean,

There are development plans to make this available for WHS 2011, as well as new features n both versions as we will continue to support WHS V1.

Thanks,

Christian

Maplegrove Partners, LLC

• 1 year later...

Nice bit of software but I'm wondering why you haven't added 'shutdown' or any other commands? Thanks.

Shutdown? Never heard of that being part of Wake On LAN. Am I missing something?