Raiden

Gen8 Meltdown & Spectre Fix BIOS is out

Pachuco

@netware5

Many thanks for the info. However, I'm a newbie to all of this and need things spelled out a bit. I am running NAS4Free 11.1.0.4 on a Microserver Gen8 (819185-421) with Xeon CPU E3-1220L V2 @ 2.30GHz, and Bios (HP) J06 07/16/2015.

I believe I need to have a license to use the iLO web interface (?) If not, please let me know how to do it.

Cheers!

Claudio

You can upload the extracted bios file to the ilo Administration -> Firmware section.

From the page

Firmware Update

iLO Firmware

Obtain the firmware image (.bin) file from the Online ROM Flash Component for HPE iLO 4.

Server Firmware

The following types of server firmware can also be updated from this page:

• HPE System ROM
  • System Programmable Logic Device
  • SL/XL Chassis Firmware

Hi, when I tried to update the bios from ILO with the file CPQJ0613.436 nothing happened and then I used the usb flash.
I believe that you have to rename the file CPQJ0613.436.bin and use it from ILO.
Can anyone confirm this procedure?

Thank you

netware5
Posted (edited)

@netware5

Many thanks for the info. However, I'm a newbie to all of this and need things spelled out a bit. I am running NAS4Free 11.1.0.4 on a Microserver Gen8 (819185-421) with Xeon CPU E3-1220L V2 @ 2.30GHz, and Bios (HP) J06 07/16/2015.

I believe I need to have a license to use the iLO web interface (?) If not, please let me know how to do it.

Cheers!

You have iLO "standard license" preinstalled on your server, so you can use iLO without any problems. You may look here to understand the iLO licensing system and features of different licenses. For home users in general the standard license is sufficient. The only significant limitation of standard license is that you can use the remote console only during POST (pre-OS only).

You may study the iLO User Guide to understand how to configure iLO and use its Web intreface.

Edited by netware5
  • Like 1

Pachuco

@netware5

System ROM updated using the iLO web without any hiccups, so many thanks to you guys!

My iLO firmware version is 2.31 Sep 25 2015. Does it make any sense updating it (since I'm running NAS4Free) and if so, would this flash component for Win 64 be the correct update?

Under Installation Instructions it would seem I can extract the firmware and use the iLO web interface as done with the system ROM.

Again, thanks for your help.

Cheers!

netware5

@netware5

System ROM updated using the iLO web without any hiccups, so many thanks to you guys!

My iLO firmware version is 2.31 Sep 25 2015. Does it make any sense updating it (since I'm running NAS4Free) and if so, would this flash component for Win 64 be the correct update?

Under Installation Instructions it would seem I can extract the firmware and use the iLO web interface as done with the system ROM.

Cheers!

Exactly! That is the right flash component. You may extract the ilo4_255.bin file and flash it using the same procedure.

• Like 1

steeve

Hi, when I tried to update the bios from ILO with the file CPQJ0613.436 nothing happened and then I used the usb flash.
I believe that you have to rename the file CPQJ0613.436.bin and use it from ILO.
Can anyone confirm this procedure?

Thank you

I just did this and updated to System ROM 01/22/2018

Winging it, but works and boots ok

Capture.JPG

• Thanks 1

Claudio

I just did this and updated to System ROM 01/22/2018

Winging it, but works and boots ok

Capture.JPG

Thank you...

Shonk
Posted (edited)

I dont think you quite understand what ilo is

Its a totally seperate cpu ram and nand with its own os that runs 24/7 and can be accessed via ilo dedicated network port

and is os independent to whatever your running on the intel cpu

think of it as a rasberry pi with linux running on it to monitor the main intel setup

so yes update it

@netware5

Cheers!

Edited by Shonk