RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
callihan44

Anyone ready for 5g cell networks?

callihan44

Wondering what his might mean for ditching traditional internet service providers , i already use my hotspot a lot more than my home service and thought about ditching it in the future 

schoondoggy

It could shake things up. Intel and Qualcom are betting big on 5G. Could be good competition for the cable and broadband companies.

ShadowPeo

Where I am at least it cannot replace a traditional connection due to the cost of the data, and the lack of (or rather you have to argue to get a certain code applied to the service) to get an externally routable IP. 

For what I pay for a 60GB 4GLTE connection I can get 2TB cabled. Considering that in the past month I have done about 1.5TB its simply not possible for me to use a wireless connection at this point.

Add to that, that Hel$tra do have 1GBE capable 4GLTE in some areas we are going pretty well

Dave

It certainly has a chance to shake things up.  Ten years from now could be radically different.

ShadowPeo

That is very true, but then what about 5 years after that, the pace of change is exponential it seems

JeromeBouy
On 3/5/2018 at 1:35 PM, ShadowPeo said:

the pace of change is exponential it seems

It's also unavoidably inevitable.