RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

What Linux to run on my entry Gen 10?

Chuckles

Hello everyone,

I purchased an entry level Gen 10. I am amazed what I got for my money. 

I bought this baby for Raid storage of my movies, photos, music and other files. I am planning on having 4 X 4TB drives configured to give me net 8TB after redundancy.

This device is so versatile I would like to play with other things, including running virtual machines. Just for experimentation and fun.

I am used to Fedora Linux these days. It is in the red hat family along with CentOS.

What do you suggest?

I have a 64GB SSD around somewhere which I could use for the OS. I believe there is a fifth SATA for this.

I am running windows 10 ltsb and Ubuntu server under hyper-v. But I'm concerned about the power of the cpu. Everything looks OK but I'm not able to play movies smoothly from kodi. I don't know if it's because of the drivers as this is a cpu only for this machine but I won't expect much performance if you'd like to run vm's

I am running windows 10 ltsb and Ubuntu server under hyper-v. But I'm concerned about the power of the cpu. Everything looks OK but I'm not able to play movies smoothly from kodi. I don't know if it's because of the drivers as this is a cpu only for this machine but I won't expect much performance if you'd like to run vm's
Do you have a 3216 or a 3421 CPU?

23 hours ago, schoondoggy said:
On 4/3/2018 at 9:12 AM, Staley said:

Do you have a 3216 or a 3421 CPU?

3216. I guess it should be fine with 3421