RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Ikon-TNG

Looking for Acer H340/HP Microserver VGA cable

Ikon-TNG

Does anyone happen to have an old VGA adapter for the Acer H340/HP Microserver lying around that they'd like to get rid of cheap? If I'm going to play around with the H340 It might be handy to have one.

schoondoggy

If you can't find the cable, it looks like people installed PCIe x1video cards in these like the VCQ290NVS-PCIEX1. The go for $20 on eBay.

Ikon-TNG

I read one past where a guy did that. He mentioned something about adding or removing (I couldn't tell which) a 'jumper' on the motherboard, but he didn't know if that was required to allow the video card to work.

itGeeks

Found one, Looks like it will set you back 40 bucks, Free shipping.. I was wondering how are you going to hookup a keyboard/mouse?

Is this the same cable? If so better grab it quick 2.77 Last one

Edited by itGeeks

Ikon-TNG

Dang, I just ordered a PCIeX1 video card from eBay.com. Oh well. From the way his item is described I get the impression he's selling these regularly. If the video card doesn't work out.....

Hmmm, I don't think that 2nd one is the same cable, just cause it seems like the wires are straight in, whereas the 1st one doesn't seem to be.

Thanks guys. Very helpful and appreciated.

itGeeks

Your welcome, Good luck!

Ikon-TNG
4 minutes ago, itGeeks said:

If your feeling adventuris you could make your own, I found the instructions with links for parts needed..

Not sure why he used some special VGA connector. Seems like it would be possible to just cut a regular VGA cable and use it?

schoondoggy

This guy made really nice 'debug' kits. Not sure if he still makes them:
http://vovtech.com

Ikon-TNG
16 minutes ago, schoondoggy said:

This guy made really nice 'debug' kits. Not sure if he still makes them:
http://vovtech.com

Thanks. I did find out about him when searching. On the web page he says "all good things must come to an end" :) So, nope, he's not doing them anymore. Oh well; I've got the video card coming. In fact, I just got an email saying it's been shipped. Cost me $9.99US + $12.95US shipping/customs/duties.