RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

NET VIEW 1231

Ikon-TNG

Continuing to work on Windows 10 networking, I found another error by reading more posts in forums. This one, as the title says, relates to NET VIEW. When I run this command on my Windows 10 desktop computer I get the 'dreaded' 1231 error. I haven't got it resolved. If anyone has any ideas, please post them. I'm now looking at something called lanmanworkstation. The post recommends changing running "sc.exe config lanmanworkstation depend= bowser/mrxsmb10/nsi". No idea what that does. Then I'm supposed to run " sc.exe config mrxsmb20 start= disabled". Again, no idea.

Anyway, I think I will do a backup of drive C: before even attempting anything like this.

Oh, and Paragon Backup cannot find my server at all.

Edited by Ikon-TNG

Since I made the change to that computer's IP addressing, yes. I also just discovered I can view the shared folders on my server if I type NET VIEW \\SERVERNAME. Apparently, it's only when I type NET VIEW by itself that I get the error. From my online searching, I thought I was supposed to see all the computers on my LAN, but I don't.

Oh, and as a test, I installed the Backup Pro trial version, and it can see my server.

What the heck, I'm downloading Veeam Backup Free 9.5 to give it a try.

#paragon #veeam

Edited by Ikon-TNG