RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

A Better Board - GA-B250-FinTech Mining Motherboard

Dave

Here is a better board if you are hell bent on putting more than 6 cards on a motherboard.

Amazon - $185

NewEgg on eBay - $189.99

Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 8.56.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 8.56.13 AM.png

Here are the specs - https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-B250-FinTech-rev-10#kf  It comes with some great add-ons that saves you $20 to $30 easy.

Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 8.52.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 8.53.00 AM.png

There are 2 posts in this forum category on my builds.  This one here I have personally and have 7 cards running on it.

This will give you links to them all including Risers and lessons learned.

Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 8.53.00 AM.png

My Mobo is doing great except when I mess with it! Running 7 cards and tried to put the 8th on there. No-go. Then it wouldn't take anything. Finally had to yank driver and reinstall. Scary moment. Not touching it again!

Good question.  I think I said in the post I would be happy with 6 cards and super happy with 7.  Eight is cherry on top.  I have the 7th card running on a M.2 converter to PCIE and then a riser to the GPU.  That's gravy right there.  Hash rate is just the same as the others.  I tried this same config on the second M.2 connector and it didn't see the card.  Powered off, reseated it, because I heard that this M.2 connector was fussy, rebooted, nada.

At this point I didn't want to be greedy so pulled it and rebooted.  I had to re-install the driver to settle the system down.  I will never touch this system again! 

It could have been anything. Power, seating, etc.  Doesn't matter, not touching it!