RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Intelligent Provisioning reinstall Windows Server 2016

Mikey70

After a shutdown my perfectly working HP Microserver gen8 with Windows Server 2016 didn't start again. In the HPE Smart Storage Administrator everything looks fine, the arrays are in place, but Windows don't seem to recognize it anymore. If I try to boot from the installation media I'm unable to load the b120i driver, the installtion just hangs. If I use Intelligent Provisioning I'm afraid to start the installation because it sais:

Pressing continue will install the  selected operating system and will reset all drives to a freshly installed state. Data currently on this server will be lost. This is normal when installing an operating system.

I choose to keep all array settings in the beginning of the guid. I'm ok with my system disk being wiped clean, but I don't wan't to loose the stuff that's on the other disks, there are photos, documents there that I need.

Does anyone know if the other disks are safe if I press continue? Or if there is a way to get the smart array recognized by Windows Server again?

Mikey