RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

RAID 1 BAY 1 (6Gb/s) with BAY 3 (3Gb/s)??

rayb0rn

Hello,

I have recently found the time and energy to set up my Microserver. 

HDD BAYS:

1.4tb

2.4tb

3.4tb

4.4tb

Could someone please confirm if there are any issues with Creating a Raid 1  array with BAY 1 (6Gb/s) BAY 3 (3Gb/s). My logic is that speed of data access takes precedence over mirroring speed so 1 logical drive of Bay 1 & Bay 3 (Raid 1) and the other logical drive of Bay 2 & Bay 4 (Raid 1).

Is this a good Idea or I have I overlooked a potential technical issue. I searched the web for a possible answer but nothing came up.

Thank you.

Hi. I think it is not possible create raid bay 1 + bay 3 because for the difference in the speed of the sata port.

You can make it if you buy a P222 (All hds to 6Gbs). A few days ago I bought one for less than 90 dollars (80 €) in europe.

Edited by MalastiC

Using SSA you can choose the pair of drives to make a RAID1 set. I dont think you will see a difference in performance as 3Gb/s SATA is still faster than the sustained throughput of disk drives.

On 07.02.2018 at 10:19 AM, MalastiC said:

Hi. I think it is not possible create raid bay 1 + bay 3 because for the difference in the speed of the sata port.

You can make it if you buy a P222 (All hds to 6Gbs). A few days ago I bought one for less than 90 dollars (80 €) in europe.

How much flash have you got for this buck?