RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Dave

I'm deleting my DVD folder

Dave

It's time.  Nobody streams the DVD's that I ripped almost 10 years ago.  I still have the discs so why do I keep 2TB of data?  I've babied that folder forever and nobody uses it.  Netflix and Amazon Video has put my poor folder out of business!  I know a lot of you stream to Plex but it hasn't caught on here. 

Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 11.04.33 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-01-30 at 11.04.41 AM.png

• Like 1

Ikon-TNG

LOL, I'm going the other way: ripping to disk and getting rid of the physical discs, so they don't take up space.

Dave

I may take a lone HDD and copy all of it to the drive and simply store it away.  Probably the right thing to do since it took so much time to rip it.

Trig0r

RIP it all again to H265, sell the physical disks and buy a GPU with the funds lol

• Like 1

Ikon-TNG
1 hour ago, Dave said:

I may take a lone HDD and copy all of it to the drive and simply store it away.  Probably the right thing to do since it took so much time to rip it.

That sounds like a good approach. As for selling the originals, wouldn't that be technically illegal if you retain the ripped copies?

Dave

I think people do it anyway.  Imagine that!  I'm going to keep them, so I'll be a good example for the rest of us.  ;) Bad @Trig0r!!!

• Haha 1

ShadowPeo

I too am going the other way and doubling down on content from the DVD's/BluRays into Plex. Simply because Netflix here, whilst good lack many of the shows we want to keep. 

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I have always planned to delete mine whenever I needed the space. Just haven't needed the space yet.

I recently fired up a test Plex system. Other than with over the air content, how do you get TV shows and movies into it? Do you put movies in it similar to how we used to use My Movies.

My kids have been bugging me bout Netflix. So far I have held out. We don't need that much TV. When you are limited to one hour a day during the week, why do we need Netflix.

Edited by ImTheTypeOfGuy

yodafett

My rips are mainly to put on iPad when traveling. Plex is a bonus

Dave

I've moved to downloading Netflix now.