RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Dave

What BURST Pool are you using?

Dave

What BURST Pool are you using?   I'm here - http://pool.burstcoin.space:8124/  I have a post almost ready about it all.  I threw together a box and drives on hand and had a decent month.  I also did a post on how to build an entry level miner if you don't already have the gear.

cskenney

What do you need for Burst mining?

Ikon-TNG

From the little bit I read on Burst, it sounds like it's based on disk space: the more the better. I saw one reference to a system with 100 terabytes. Mind, today that's only something like 10 disks, so not too hard to run at home I guess. The Burst web page talks about the system being being more advantageous to smaller miners, because very large mining setups would require renting space and hiring staff to run/monitor the system.

Dave

Yep.  We need to talk!  I am working on a post to simplify some of the operations.  Chris, you can give me a ring and I'll help out.  Otherwise, I'll publish something soon.

Trig0r

You reckon burst is viable then @Dave?

I've got an old N40L and can fill it with 4tb drives, but for the returns is it really worth it, from what I've seen I'd say no, be better off selling the 4tb drives and buying ETN or some other alt and sit on that rather than mine burst.

schoondoggy

Working on my N40l now, four 3.5" 4TB SAS in the front bays and four 2.5" 4TB SATA. Then on to my N36l, four 3.5" 3TB SATA in the front bays and two 3.5" 3TB in the 5.25" bay. Best part, zero dollars.

cskenney

I knew I shouldn't have parted with my N40L.

Dave
2 minutes ago, schoondoggy said:

Working on my N40l now, four 3.5" 4TB SAS in the front bays and four 2.5" 4TB SATA. Then on to my N36l, four 3.5" 3TB SATA in the front bays and two 3.5" 3TB in the 5.25" bay. Best part, zero dollars.

So, using @schoondoggy post to answer @Trig0r post.  Answer is a resounding yes if you own the gear.  Most of us do right?  My guess is that everyone reading this probably has 10TB sitting around somewhere.  Then you can put that to work like I did.  My first 30 days gave me $15 worth of Burst.  Now, off to finish the guide.

Trig0r

Hmmm, what sort of load does it generate?

jcollison

If you do decide to try burst and join the .space pool, let us know here so we can track each other in the pool.  I think there are 5 or 6 of us now in the pool

On 1/31/2018 at 1:47 AM, Trig0r said:

Hmmm, what sort of load does it generate?

Very little load to mine.  Its the initial plotting that takes some CPU resources.  If you need help, reach out me.  I can have you running in hours instead of days.