RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Dave

Looking for Creators for RESET Forums - Are you interested in writing up your gear?

Dave

Looking for Creators for RESET Forums - Are you interested in writing up your gear?

Pretty simple.  You are surrounded by gear you have purchased right?  Why not jump start a new hobby in 2018 and write up your thoughts and experiences with your gear.  Servers, drives, PC's, gadgets, etc.  Trending tech gear for sure.  I'll help you with all the details, photos, headlines, posting it, etc.

Perhaps it could lead to review units, etc.  I literally have to turn gear away because I can't get to it all.  In fact, I could probably mail out some gear today if you can get started!  

Use the forums PM system to send me a message.  Messages in top right of the forum by your photo/login profile or click my head and send me a message!  I look forward to hearing from you.

• Like 1

Ikon-TNG

LOL, yeahhhhh, cross-boarder shipping to Canada and back. Nah, don't think that's gonna work :D

• Like 1

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I wish I had the time for it. But I also lack the gift of gab so my articles would be about half a page. Probably not good enough for a technical review.

• Like 1

Dave
On 1/25/2018 at 8:30 PM, ImTheTypeOfGuy said:

I wish I had the time for it. But I also lack the gift of gab so my articles would be about half a page. Probably not good enough for a technical review.

If you had a handful of gear to do Pro's and Con's on I think that would be a good thing.  You have to elaborate a little bit but I think you would find that easier once you put your P&C list on paper.  Just a thought.

ImTheTypeOfGuy
5 hours ago, Dave said:

If you had a handful of gear to do Pro's and Con's on I think that would be a good thing.  You have to elaborate a little bit but I think you would find that easier once you put your P&C list on paper.  Just a thought.

You may be right. The excitement of doing something new and different from my day job might be exciting and make it even easier. I guess I won't know unless I tried it.

• Like 1

Dave

You may be right. The excitement of doing something new and different from my day job might be exciting and make it even easier. I guess I won't know unless I tried it.
Exactly! Pick something out gear wise and then PM me.

ImTheTypeOfGuy
21 minutes ago, Dave said:
22 minutes ago, ImTheTypeOfGuy said:

Exactly! Pick something out gear wise and then PM me.

I was going to PM you and it says my inbox is full. Is there a way to export messages? I didn't see one.

JackoUK

Would like to help ...

... but if it's newish gear...

... I'm in the UK ...

... a cheapskate ...

... and lazy.

Otherwise, what have I done that might be useful?

- I put a guide for installing LINUX MINT on Windows 10 Pro Hyper-V in the virtualisation area herein (probably needs updating now)

- I (very nearly) have a guide for Hi-Fi buffs on how Windows 10 handles top quality audio files (not posted) for interacting with your high-end music system

What would I like to do?

- test Storage Spaces performance in an 8 disk, 4 column, mirrored configuration

- use ReFS on the same (sounds to me like the upcoming  Windows Pro for Workstations is going to blow my meagre budget)

- swap out 2 of my HP Microservers for an 8 disk THUNDERBOLT networked data server

Dream on?