RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
ShadowPeo

New Work Project

ShadowPeo

Just thought I would share a few photos of a current work project that I am in the process of. This is only an upgrade and has been going on for a period of 5 years of implementation and 7 in planning, slowly but surely we have gotten there, the last of this project should be finished before the end of this year, with only the secondary/redundant internet connection, its associated routing and proxying software/hardware, SCCM and the MDM to fully implement. But this hardware is the last big lot of hardware, now it's just on a 4-7 year replacement schedule (a little bit each year over x period) to keep on top of warranties, new technologies and the like

WP_20130702_002.jpg

WP_20130702_003.jpg

WP_20130702_001.jpg

WP_20130709_001.jpg

IMG_3212.jpg

IMG_3213.jpg

IMG_3214.jpg

Edited by ShadowPeo

Trig0r

Nice, some money's worth there...

ShadowPeo

Between the two piles of switches (plus a few that are out of view) the retail cost on them is about a quarter mil, wireless points are another 120K, Server (plus one other) are about 32K, plus plus plus. All up by the time I am done I will have put a major hole in half a mil, not taking into account the client access devices which I would hesitate that in the time the project has been going on will have cost the client another half to three quarter mil our cost so 1.5 to 2x that retail, averaging a turnover of 150 devices a year for the past 7 years averaging 1000 a device

This is the larger of my clients, but two of the others are about 3/4's this and the last is about half this cost, hence why I only need the 4 main clients

Edited by ShadowPeo

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Sounds like a fun gig you have. Do you coordinate all the construction requirements or does the client do that part?

ShadowPeo

Fun is not the word I would choose most of the time. The civil works I have to organise, however, this is mostly outsourced to others depending on what the works are. In the above photos, we were laying approx 14KM of fibre around the campus and so I got the company I contracted for the cabling work to organise it. First time I worked with either company and they are now both my go-to for their respective works, however out of respect for the cabler whenever they are involved in the project I allow them to organise and liaise directly with the civil guys. Like many people, and most people on here I would suspect I get all the jobs, its almost a case of if it has electrical circuits in it, be it solar, mains or battery it becomes my problem

Trig0r
9 hours ago, ShadowPeo said:

Like many people, and most people on here I would suspect I get all the jobs, its almost a case of if it has electrical circuits in it, be it solar, mains or battery it becomes my problem

You're forgetting the, if it sits on the same desk as any of the above it becomes your problem as well...

Ikon-TNG

Are you allowed to say what field of enterprise the company is in?

itGeeks

Thanks for sharing the photos, Looks like fun.

ShadowPeo
On 1/25/2018 at 12:15 PM, Ikon-TNG said:

Are you allowed to say what field of enterprise the company is in?

Education

Ikon-TNG
9 hours ago, ShadowPeo said:

Education

Thanks. It's nice to see that at least some school boards have enough money to invest in technology.