RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• fakiee
      By fakiee
      Hi, hoping for a bit of guidance on what todo with my N40L box.  I have it sat in the living room connected to the TV.  Its running Windows 10 with Kodi, sabnzb, torrents, and a bunch of discs with all my files and media.  I would like to have a solid setup that can be used to access my data,, share game ISOs, download NZBs, do backups, etc.

I'm going with WHS 2011, is this the best option considering the other HS OS's available such XPEnology, FreeNas, etc? 

Specs:

N40L:
      8GB ATI GPU BIOS Hack 128GB SSD (OS sitting in DVD Bay) 1.5TB HD 200gb HD 200 gb HD2 I have a 750GB SSD - not sure what to use this for?  
      Thanks for your help!

• Teetime
      By Teetime
      I have my WHS 2011 client PC database on its own dedicated drive. This drive is now showing errors, and the client pc backups are now not completing. I have a replacement drive and a backup of the client PC database made before the failure. How can I replace the client PC backup drive, restore the client PC database, AND have WHS 2011 continue to use the restored client PC database?
    • santacruzskim
      By santacruzskim
      I have a WHS 2011 box with no special networking-related settings going on. Accessing shares on all the PCs in my house get around 100MB/s read and write. All macs are getting around 25MB/s.  Tried mounting shared volumes as cifs and smb.  I've found a few forums of people reporting the same with various forms of windows servers and though there are 100 hack-y suggestions, nothing has ever worked for me.

Anyone have any ideas on what I could do to improve performance? If i can't get this working well, it'll mean a lot of buying decisions, completely reworking my network storage.
    • Nelg
      By Nelg
      Hi All,

I am setting up a MicroServer with Windows Home Server 2011 running as a file server at my home (local area network).

On my old file server, I was able to scan documents at my Brother MFC and send them directly to a the user's folder on the file-server via FTP.

WHS 2011 is proving a little more challenging to setup.  Could someone please help with how to configure WHS2011?

I've seen the youtube video by Mike on setting up WHS 2011 and FTP, but it only enables one central storage folder, rather than sending scanned documents to a user's individual folder.

any help much appreciated.

Thanks

• RWG3
      By RWG3
      I recently added a new Windows 10 PC to my home network, I can access shared directories on the server fine... but I'm having trouble saving files back to the shared drives.  I've check the account for the new PC on WHS and the permissions details under WHS on each shared folder.  What Am I missing?