RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Dave

Netgear announces Outdoor Orbi Satellite

Dave

Any updates? I'm on the list to get one from Netgear but may buy it if you like it.

Jason

Sorry haven’t updated in a while. Absolutely love my Orbi setup including the RBS50Y Outdoor Satellite. Sure, it’s a bit bulk but it just works. I get that Netgear is working thru their firmware issues, but the coverage and throughout has been spectacular for me. Am currently running the Orbi router in AP mode connected to Untangle 13.2 with two satellites, one of which is outdoors, centrally located in our pool area. Our home is all brick, yet I consistently get nearly full internet speeds throughout our entire lot - inside and out. Not to mention, it’s been outdoors now thru late fall, winter into spring and bulletproof.

No, they’ve not yet redesigned the outdoor plug.
Am sure they will in time. If so, will order as an option accessory. In meantime, I’ve had to add a plug adapter to add a bit of clearance for the rather large power adapter to fit into an outdoor outlet enclosure. Also decided to wall-mount the Outdoor Satellite behind some patio furniture where it’s discrete and virtually invisible.

• Like 1