RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
rfs830

Dell T130 for under 500 right now

rfs830

User code SERVER200

I just priced out a Dell T130 server with a Intel® Xeon® E3-1220 v5 3.0G, 8gb ram and 1TB hard drive for 450.
Not a bad price. 

I may leave the ODD so that i can use a kit to put in a ssd drive into it.  For the price you can beat it. 
This would make for a nice Server 2016 box for me to become my new nas/vm box.  

rfs830

well the deal was to good so I picked up a T130 for myself.  This will become my new nas and I will run a few virtual machines on it.  Going to install Server 2016, turn on deduplication and then use Stable bits to manage my drive pool.  

rfs830

Well I have the server now.  Nice little server.  I need to get an ssd for it though. I going to see if i can hook up and ssd to the slim dvd drive area.  It looks like it might be the same cage as the t30.  I might just get a cd caddy to put the ssd in to make thing easier so I can reuse the cable.  I will let you all know how it goes.  

ImTheTypeOfGuy
well the deal was to good so I picked up a T130 for myself.  This will become my new nas and I will run a few virtual machines on it.  Going to install Server 2016, turn on deduplication and then use Stable bits to manage my drive pool.  

What are you using as the NAS.