RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Dave

Awesome Miner Tips and Tricks

Dave

I would like to gather up all your Awesome Miner Tips and Tricks.  Possibly help me out and anyone new to mining with it.  I could use some help on restarting a machine if I'm not around and it stops producing.  I have one machine that has been tricky.  Not sure why.

After you start mining.  Make sure your miner doesn't take a nap!

Power Options - Never Sleep

Recover on a reboot/BSOD/Etc

Set Awesome Miner to Auto Start when Windows starts

Tell Windows to login automatically. 

Start

Run

Type in netplwiz

uncheck the top box requiring password

Click Apply

Type in your password

Now, how to tell Awesome Miner to auto start mining when the app fires up? Anyone?

• Like 1

jcollison

I have been taking a few minutes to actually define the Pool Coin for each of the coins it mines.  When an unspecified coin us listed, look in the pools tab in the bottom dashboard.  You MPH pool will have a port number.  You can take that back to the main page at MHP.com find it in the listings there, by port.  Then right click on the coin, choose Define Pool Coin, and select the coin.  Its supposed to help AM do a better job of picking coins...and...you now can see the exact coin you are mining.

• Like 2

cskenney

What kind of rookie would forget to change his/her power settings and allow their miner to go to sleep???

• Like 2

Dave

Hey, I wasn't pointing fingers!

cskenney
I have been taking a few minutes to actually define the Pool Coin for each of the coins it mines.  When an unspecified coin us listed, look in the pools tab in the bottom dashboard.  You MPH pool will have a port number.  You can take that back to the main page at MHP.com find it in the listings there, by port.  Then right click on the coin, choose Define Pool Coin, and select the coin.  Its supposed to help AM do a better job of picking coins...and...you now can see the exact coin you are mining.

So can you only define the coins while they are being actively mined?

jcollison
Just now, cskenney said:

So can you only define the coins while they are being actively mined?

As far as I know, yes.  But there could be other ways

cskenney

You can tell AM to auto start when Windows starts.
Main > Options. General, Startup.

To autostart your miner you need to click on Miners. Right click on the miner itself and select properties. Under General is Autostart miner.

Now I don’t know what can of worms this might open up but that will autostart your miner upon system power up.

• Like 1

Dave

I did that.  It was acting up on one of my rigs but I also found out what was doing it.  So, hopefully, I have auto login on Windows 10 and auto start setup as well.  Will test again later this week.  On to another coin at the moment!