RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Dave

Looking for NVIDIA GTX 1050

Dave

I've started this mining thing and wonder if anyone has a gently used GTX 1050 I could get from you. Most folks don't like these cards but for the right price you can get a decent hash out of them. Let me know if you want to part with one. 

schoondoggy

Not what you are looking for, but I needed a good low profile graphics card and I ran into this:

XFX - AMD Radeon RX 550 4GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card Clearance $77.99 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/xfx-amd-radeon-rx-550-4gb-gddr5-pci-express-3-0-graphics-card-black/5869600.p?skuId=5869600

I may get one for a N36l, use the motherboard and RX 550 for mining and use the drive bays with my MicroServer:

Dave

Ya, not the greatest of mining GPU's for sure.  I guess if that is all you have though! Mine with what ya got!  That would be a good price on a 1050 for sure.  I have been able to OC the crap out of them!  Would be awesome if someone had a few they needed to part with.

callihan44

graphics card prices are insane right now, I'm building a system but will probably use onboard graphics and wait for a decent used price on a 1070 gtx. 

Dave
On 12/27/2017 at 12:14 PM, schoondoggy said:

Not what you are looking for, but I needed a good low profile graphics card and I ran into this:

XFX - AMD Radeon RX 550 4GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card Clearance $77.99 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/xfx-amd-radeon-rx-550-4gb-gddr5-pci-express-3-0-graphics-card-black/5869600.p?skuId=5869600

I may get one for a N36l, use the motherboard and RX 550 for mining and use the drive bays with my MicroServer:

I wish I would have picked one of these up when you posted it.  Seems there are some mods and tweaks you can do to it in order to beef up its hash power.  Would have been fun to play with.

schoondoggy

Perhaps another angle on this, used last generation cards. GTX 980 seem to be hard to find. I have found AMD R9 390 cards $180-250, which puts them in GTX 1060 price range. Need to compare mining and power to see if it is a good deal or not.

Dave

I use this site as a reference sometimes.  

http://monerobenchmarks.info/

Looks like the 390 is pretty decent if not above the 1060. I only know what to look for with XMR-STAK miner though.  This site will have multiple postings with the card on different OS's and miners.  If you could get one for that low end price range I would go for it.  Would be fun to test it out.  Also, with the Radeon cards there are more avenues to improve its hash rate.  They have specific blockchain drivers for these cards as well as bios mods that increase its hashing power.  I'm intrigued by these beasts as I've only ever ran NVIDIA.

Dave

Excellent find. That's what they should cost too.

That's about $1 a day card on nice hash. You can push it a bit with an overclock get a couple more pennies. Three month ROI. Not a monster card for sure but it's a start if you just want to mess about with it.

Dave

But I want 3!