RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

NiceHash is back online

Dave

Nicehash is sending out email to all account holders to reset passwords.  All 2 factor information has also been reset.  You can login and mine.  Also, NH wants to pay everyone back and has a plan to do so.  I love $50 so not a big deal.  How much did you lose?

Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 10.24.44 AM.png

Here is a statement from NH:

1. The security breach: what happened?

As has been widely reported, NiceHash’s security system was breached in a sophisticated attack in the early morning of 6 December. Our payment system was compromised and the entire contents of the NiceHash bitcoin wallet were stolen – around 4,700 BTC.

Our investigation to determine the nature of the attack and its impact is ongoing, with the support of police investigators and a cyber forensic team, and while we want to be as open and transparent as we can, for obvious reasons we can’t provide all the details of the breach.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience that the hack may have caused and have committed every resource in response to the issue since we became aware we had been victims of the security breach.

2. How are you going to prevent such events in the future?

We have taken a number of specific measures to make the system safer. We have redesigned our payment system and thoroughly revised and upgraded security procedures from the ground up. The redesigned payment system is now handled with extra security measures - dual channel approach with manual creation and manual confirmation of every transaction that leaves our system. Withdrawals are manually confirmed once per day at 12:00 AM CET.

3. Why is my current balance 0?

Following the security breach, all funds held in the NiceHash bitcoin wallet were stolen. On our new dashboard we have sought to show both the old balance, and the current balance.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are using NiceHash Miner, please update your wallet address immediately. All NiceHash wallet addresses have been reset.

4. How will you restore my old balance?

Now that the site is back online, you are free to lease, mine and make money once more. Our community is very important to us and given the loyalty of our users, we want to make sure that everyone is fully reimbursed after what happened. This has been under discussion since the day of the hack.

We have now been able to reserve the funds required to restore balances from a group of international investors in our business. The exact date of reimbursement for old balances will be announced by January 31, 2018. We need this interim period to ensure all legal paperwork is processed correctly, so please be patient while we do this.

Please also note that balances lower than 0.0001 BTC will be written off; apologies for any inconvenience.

We have considered a number of ways to help our community to cover the stolen funds and we feel that this is the most appropriate way to ensure that everyone is back in business as soon as possible.

5. What happened to balances that were deposited after the breach?

All funds that were deposited after the breach should be safe. Those funds will be automatically sent back to your address.

6. Where can I get additional help or ask more questions?

Please submit a support ticket or send us an email to support@nicehash.com. Please do keep in mind that we are facing and increased volume of requests at this time, for obvious reasons, and it will take us longer than usual to respond. We are committed to answering all of your questions, so please be patient.

https://www.nicehash.com/attack-learn-more

Looks like external wallets are having an issue.

Please go to https://www.nicehash.com/miner and enter your external wallet address. You should also see your old balance under Projected payout section! Please report back if this is not the case.

EDIT #1: There is a problem with displaying the external wallet old balance. We are working on a fix!

EDIT #2: Please check again, the issue should be fixed, you should see your old balance for external waller here: https://www.nicehash.com/miner

I lost 0.0089 BTC (worth about $150 at one point).  I was using an external wallet.

It says to change your wallet address now but my miner is still showing the old address is in place.  Do I still need to change it?

The problem with using the external wallet is that it takes me 2 months to mine enough to payout.  

BTW- I did not get an email from Nicehash.  I spotted this topic.

I think the e-mail is slowly going out.  I would check spam folder too.  Supposedly in the miner or on the site /miner you are supposed to see your old payout.  I have yet to mess with it due to mining ETN in the OCUK pool.  I don't want to touch anything right now.

I was mining to an external wallet and it's telling me I'll get my money back at the end of January. 

I'm going to stay on the ocuk pool for a month and see how it compares to NH..

Found the site back on line last night, but when I tried to mine it kept saying loss of communication.  Started it up tonight and am actually mining now.Right now mining lyra2rev2 and getting an estimate of $2.07 a day.

You only have to reset your wallet address if you are using a nicehash wallet you have to create a new wallet and enter the new address. If you were mining to an external wallet you don't have to change any thing.

It says they will announce the date that they will pay us back at the end of January.  They say they are going to be non-profit till they pay everyone back.  I think they are taking the month of January to figure out how much they will be making in fees to figure out when they would have enough money to pay everybody back.

Is anyone back to mining on NH?  I'm curious on external wallets as I have mine setup to go to Coinbase.  That's how I was doing it prior to the hack.  I wasn't watching close last time but now keep an eye on things.

When are the payouts?

https://www.nicehash.com/help/when-and-how-do-you-get-paid

Reading this doesn't look like I should be using an external wallet.  Or perhaps I have my lingo wrong. External wallet is Coinbase right?  This reads like it is on hold.

@cskenney You back online with NH?  I think I'm done mining ETN with the OCUK pool, at least for a while.  Trying to figure out if I should start back on BTC or go with Awesome Miner on Mining Pool Hub.

17 minutes ago, Dave said:

Is anyone back to mining on NH?  I'm curious on external wallets as I have mine setup to go to Coinbase.  That's how I was doing it prior to the hack.  I wasn't watching close last time but now keep an eye on things.

When are the payouts?

https://www.nicehash.com/help/when-and-how-do-you-get-paid

Reading this doesn't look like I should be using an external wallet.  Or perhaps I have my lingo wrong. External wallet is Coinbase right?  This reads like it is on hold.

@cskenney You back online with NH?  I think I'm done mining ETN with the OCUK pool, at least for a while.  Trying to figure out if I should start back on BTC or go with Awesome Miner on Mining Pool Hub.

I have not resumed with NH.  I was using an external wallet (Coinbase) when they were "hacked".  I was sitting at 0.0089 BTC so I was just a few days away from reaching 0.01BTC where it would have paid out to the external wallet.  Now I see (as you have pointed out) they are messing with external wallets.  They have them on hold and are looking at alternative cryptocurrency?  No thanks.  I guess I will give Awesome Miner or MPH a try.

I only have 1 GPU for mining at this time so I can't get crazy.  My next step is going to cost me money if I try and expand because I need a new motherboard, larger power supply and additional GPU cards.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, thanlindley said:

I’m giving MPH and Awesome Miner a run for a month. Taking a break from OCUK for a while.

Welcome to the dark side!  I have really liked that set up so far.  My 1060s are running 3 to 4 a card at the moment!