RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Sata 5 not working

Cr4sh0v3r

yep, called the support and opened a ticket, i'm waiting to be in contact with a tecnician. They also asked to me if i'm having problems with my business, i think just to know if i'm in a hurry....

when I use the fifth disk on the ODD bay. I notice if you are using the UEFI mode in BIOS, you can only find the 5th disk when there is no any other disc inserted in the HDD slot. After OS installed, you can add HDD as your will. Legacy mode doesn't have such case.

Maybe you can try it.

HPE support sometimes is stupid. I met one support tell me Gen10 doesn't support Windows 10. If so, why HPE provide the driver for windows 10. LOL.

• 2 months later...

I'm having the same problem with a brand new Gen10. I used a floppy to sata adapter and sata cable to SATA5 as I did with my Gen8 but in BIOS no drive detected on port 5 whether I use UEFI or legacy with no other disks attached. If I install the SSD into bay1 it is correctly recognised. 

Updated BIOS ZA10A280 --> ZA10A330 - no change. 

I'm going to install my OS onto the SSD using bay1 for now and try and figure this out afterwards so will post if I make any progress.

Edited by ak88

I'm having the same problem with a brand new Gen10. I used a floppy to sata adapter and sata cable to SATA5 as I did with my Gen8 but in BIOS no drive detected on port 5 whether I use UEFI or legacy with no other disks attached. If I install the SSD into bay1 it is correctly recognised. 

Updated BIOS ZA10A280 --> ZA10A330 - no change. 

I'm going to install my OS onto the SSD using bay1 for now and try and figure this out afterwards so will post if I make any progress.
What type/model drive do you have on SATA 5?

I installed the OS using bay1 with no issues, moved it to SATA 5 in the ODD bay and still not recognised (as expected), swapped the SSD for a spare 2.5'' HDD and it was recognised fine. Oddly enough I then swapped the SATA data cable and the SSD was recognised so may have bee na defective cable even though the HDD was fine using it.

EDIT: It is a Samsung 850 Evo Schoon :)

Edited by ak88
  • Like 1