RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Sata 5 not working

Cr4sh0v3r

Hi, this is my first post.  I've a strange problem with the sata5 port, tried to use an ssd or a dvd reader but nothing shown in the bios settings or boot order. To use an os i've configured the msu to do a raid1 with the first two HD ( with the uefi tool), and the last port used for os in a ssd.

What am i doing wrong ?

Sorry for my english

It should see the SSD out of the box, but it'll depend on the drive and BIOS settings for UEFI. I had a USB stick that it wouldn't see until I fomatted it as FAT32

The 5th SATA port is not on the Marvell controller, it is part of the AMD chipset, so it can not be configured through MSU.

I would recommend removing all drives from the front bays. Then go into the BIOS to see if it the SSD is present. Then try installing the OS on the SSD with it being the only drive in the system. How are you powering the SSD?

all removed, sata port5 not present in bios,  i made a cable to power ssd using the existing connector, tried with a multimeter i've correct values, dvd drive works but not detected, 3.5 hd works but not detected. Any idea ?

Devices tested :

LG DVD

HD 3.5 WD Green 1TB

SSD Kingston 240gb ssdnow 300v

used another sata cable, nothing

just tried a wd red just to see if detected, spinup but nothing in bios, done a reset and none

Edited by Cr4sh0v3r

Then it looks like you need to raise a support call with HP as it could be a faulty port.

Make a list of everything you;ve tried and you'll need to be on the latest BIOS before they'll even start a diagnosis or repair.