RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Tablet or Ipad?

easypc

Hi Guys well I got a question for all. Would you give a 12 year an ipad 16gb as a gift or give him a Sylvania 7 inch Mini Tablet with the following spec

Arm 11, 1 GHz Processor

Full Touch 7 inch high resolution TFT Display

2 GB Flash Drive

256MB RAM

WIFI 802.11 B/G

HDMI output

3G Dongle Support

Android 2.2 OS

This was asked by my wife’s friend.

The apps are so much better on iOS than Android right now, that I wouldn't think twice about the iPad. Especially at that age. Do they already have a Mac ecosystem? And I'm assuming similar pricing?

I think the android tablets would be fun to play with but I can't imagine them being as easy to use as the iPad. I think I saw that Sylvania tablet at Walgreens or something like that. I bet it's cheaper too. Think of the poor 12 year old. You got an iPad for Christmas? Nooooo, I got a Sylvania. A what???

I agree with AJ's comments. If there are any ios devices in this household it's a no brainer.

At 12, that sucker's gonna break. Which one would you be least upset over?

Probably right, but my 3 year old treats mine with respect. It just gets covered in sneeze snot every once in a while!

I had a friend who had a similar dilemma. He finally concluded: "I didn't have an iPad when I was a kid.... no child of mind should have to live like that"

I have the iPad and have tried the Android. The iPad is the only choice. Way more things for kids (and adults), faster, and much less problematic.