Sign in to follow this  
scruffters

RAID cards in the Gen10

scruffters

Oh wow, you've been busy schoon! :lol:

So in short it seems you can use most RAID card's and HBA's in the Gen10 providing you go with Legacy BIOS.

Did hot swap work with either of those controllers? It feels like it should even though (like the gen8) I'm sure HP print non-hotswap on the chassis.

Also, do we know if NCQ etc will work in legacy mode for any SSD's attached to the fifth SATA port?

At this point I should probably just buy my own to play with, rather than bothering you... I suppose I'm just really curious before jumping in. Aside from the lack of iLO I'm starting to come around to the idea of the Gen10 :)

Scepticalist

Hmmm, it might be worth testing my P410 again in legacy mode. Can't recall now if I tried that first time around. If so I think it'll be worth changing over before I have too much data on my array.

Tighernain

From thisI can guess that my LSI 9601 is a dead board then. I should have another board to test in the next couple of days.

schoondoggy
9 minutes ago, Tighernain said:

From thisI can guess that my LSI 9601 is a dead board then. I should have another board to test in the next couple of days.

Is your BIOS set to UEFI boot or legacy boot?

Tighernain

My problem was probably having it set to UEFI mode. I have a P410 sat here as well ready to test. Do you have any ;luck with yours?

schoondoggy

I have not tried the P410, just the P222 and the LSI 9261.

UEFI was the issue with the P222. It appears to be working fine under legacy.

Tighernain

OK well i am going to test the P410 this morning and I'll report back in a bit.

Tighernain

OK the P410 will initialize, and I can press f8 and enter the raid set up screen, which is reconised as an array on boot up, then unfortunately the server will just reboot and I can't even enter the BIOS.

Edited by Tighernain

Tighernain

I have just re-tried my LSI 9261 on Legacy mode and it works a treat. I have Raid 5 set up running from this card with a DVD burner and a SSD running from the on board SAS controller.

Unfortunately it looks like the P410 will not work unless i can flash it to a later ROM?

Edited by Tighernain

Tighernain
On 12/01/2018 at 7:12 AM, Tighernain said:

From this I can guess that my LSI 9601 is a dead board then. I should have another board to test in the next couple of days.

Sorry guys I meant 9261. Anyway It's working fine now in legacy mode. However the same can't be said for the P410 which hangs after initialization and detection of the hard drive array and forces the system to reboot, with no way to enter the BIOS without removing the card.

Edited by Tighernain