RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Trig0r

OCUK Mining Pool

Trig0r
On 12/7/2017 at 6:53 AM, jcollison said:

I'm not going to lie, that winminer scared the crap out of me last night.  Not sure there is a nasty virus in there or not.  Be careful for sure

Its the dos based miners that do it, Nicehash did the same when I installed that, WinMiner can mine more stuff hence more alerts.

Post Hijack

Somehow when I did the OCUK post split from Nicehash this became the first post.  So I'm hijacking it @Trig0r !

@Trig0r arranged for RESET Forum members to join the mining pool over here - https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/the-ocuk-mining-pool-details-and-quickstart-guide-in-first-post-back-mining-etn.18803113/

From this post all the way to page 7 you will see us discussing the pool, the coins, etc.  I'll link you to Page 7 - https://homeservershow.com/forums/topic/15817-ocuk-mining-pool/?do=findComment&comment=143075   (Start Here)

if you want to ask questions on how to get setup.  I asked so many questions I'm sure I can help someone!  I have two cars pointed to this pool right now.  If you want to jump in please feel free.  You need to start here -  https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/the-ocuk-mining-pool-details-and-quickstart-guide-in-first-post-back-mining-etn.18803113/  Read the first post and follow the instructions.  I'll look through them again and simplify if I can.  @Trig0r will also be around to help out.

jcollison

I think I am going to build a new box for it and take it off my home network.  Would make me feel better

Trig0r

There are a few guys over on another forum I use that have set up their own pool.

Not sure if there is the knowledge base here to do the same or if its worth asking if the few guys on here that mine can join in as I know there's a could of guys here that are over on there as well (OcUK)...

That's the route I'm going down rather than WinMiner now as a few of them have also noticed a few discrepancies in WinMiner..

Dave

I'm in.  I'm not mining anything right now and have 2 rigs sitting quiet.  Let me know.

I was looking at your multipool stuff anyways.

Trig0r

Well you can either set yourself up on Multipool or similar, problem with that is they can mine some really obscure coins so make sure whatever exchange you are on supports them.

The OcUK pool is up and running, I have spoken to the guy running it and he's happy for you guys to join in, pool fee is 0.2% which is lower than NiceGash was so we'll have to see how it goes..

ocukminingpool.com/

• Like 1

Dave

Ok. PM sent.  

Dave

I think i'm done fellas.  I looked into what @Trig0r sent over but having a few errors with it. I don't have any more time to spend with it.  NiceHash was drop dead simple and that's what this "Old Dog" needs!  

jcollison

Don't rage quit Dave.  We are still working on it.

I moved over to Awesome Miner.  Lots of options, but still pretty easy.  IM on Facebook and I can walk you thru the 2 or 3 options that make a difference.  Currently, I am getting better results than I ever did with Nicehash.  I may never go back.

• Like 1

Trig0r

What issues you having Dave?

The thread on OcUK is pretty huge and we've found 3 blocks so far so payouts are certainly higher than NiceHash was.

Trig0r

Just as an example @Dave, I was making ~$4/pd on Nicehash.

Looking at the current value of the ETN the 165 I have mined since Friday I'm making just over $6/pd...

Old dog or no, that extra chunk of change is worth sticking with it...

• Like 1