RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

gen8 availability?

scruffters

Hello guys,

Looks like the gen8 is now unavailable in the UK?

Anybody see the 1610T at a reasonable price anywhere?

Cheers :)

I have been looking for one too, I saw one on gumtree for £50 standard cpu, 12gb ram and 2tb hard drive couldn’t believe I missed it absolute bargain, a new one was on Facebook market place for £100 last week so i would probably setup some alerts on gumtree, Shpock and Facebook and see if one pops up, I considered selling mine on Ebay because they are going for a really good price but can’t find something worth while to replace it with other than a Lenovo ts 140 Xeon but they are over priced, also put an alert on HotUKDeals because one did come up last month for £150

I suppose HP are getting pretty much to the end of whatever inventory was left.

I'd need a new one, which pretty much counts out eBay etc.

Well I would put an alert on hotukdeals because if a company is selling off last stock it will end up on there like last month and camel camel I think it is for a price change on one good luck

If you can find them, second hand is probably the way to go, demend for them has gone back up since most of the people I have spoken to about them prefer the 8 over the 10..

Thanks for the ideas above guys :)

...I'm probably going to have to find another solution - maybe one of the towers with hot swap.

In my case I need something brand new with warranty and iLO. The gen10 is such a disappointment for my needs :(

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I have noticed prices on eBay have skyrocketed over the last few weeks. I used to see them as low as £168 and mostly £189 but recently the base model g1610t with 4gb ram has been going for £380ish on eBay. I really regret not buying another sooner.

I just searched eBay for Gen8 parts and could not believe how little results there were compared to when I bought my Gen8 earlier this year.