RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Windows 10 VPN

Camperdownfamily

I used to run a Win Home Server V1, then an Amahi Home Server and now I have built a Home Server based on Win 10 Pro.

I have got everything running really well except for the VPN for remote access.  For some weird reason, I can connect remotely to my Home Server by VPN and it gives me an IP address on the home network ok, but I can't see, access or ping the Home Server itself - yet I can access every other piece of kit connected to the home network (printer, router, other PCs, etc.) through the VPN by entering their IP address into my browser or by pinging them through the command line Ping command with their IP address.

It's as though, by providing access the the rest of the network, the Home Server has become invisible to itself and so I can't access anything on it.

I have used the built-in Windows VPN on Win 10 Pro, rather than using a third party package.  I have been using Terry Walsh's "How to Build a Windows 10 Pro Home Server" e-book which has been excellent so far, except that on this, it tells you how to set up the VPN and then just says - go ahead and connect to your remote Home Server - but doesn't address any potential problems - like this one.

Is this something anyone has seen before?  Any ideas what the problem could be?