RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
juan3211

HELP: 1 Gb of RAM for Hardware ?

juan3211

HI, I have purchased a GEN 10 microserver (version CPU AMD Opteron X3216 / 1.6 GHz with 8 Gb RAM). 

I have installed Server 2016 Standard (two hard disk: 2Tb and 4Tb RED) but I have a problem with memory.

In windows server it says: 8 Gb RAM (6,96 GB available). 

I have:

• install video driver from HP web page
  • uninstall it and leave the basic default driver
  • check all BIOS option to search for a option for the shared video card memory.  (I haven't found anything)

So no luck.

Does any body knows how to increase the available RAM ?

Regards,

schoondoggy

The AMD CPU has a GPU built in. I assume the missing memory is dedicated to that.

juan3211
5 minutes ago, schoondoggy said:

The AMD CPU has a GPU built in. I assume the missing memory is dedicated to that.

Me too. But I expect to have some option in BIOS not to "spend" 1 Gb in video memory for a server, don't I ?

Scepticalist

Not really. The server has capability for multiple 4k displays. Even one 4k display using normal desktop software can exceed 1GB RAM so it would make sense that they'd set that as a minimum level. To be honest even if you could reduce it I doubt it would accept below 512mb.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Orion
      By Orion
      I am building a Ryzen machine. Using the new Ryzen 7. What is the best ram to use. Obviously ddr4. And recommendations on brand and size
    • 50pence
      By 50pence
      Apologies if posted before but a weird one I’m hoping someone can help me figure out (probably bought the wrong ram! 😒)

Stock Gen8 with Celeron G1610T CPU & 4GB RAM (
      Upgraded to
      e3-1256L v2 with 65w HP Heatsink
      Offtek 16GB (2 x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz 2R x8 ECC 

Offtek ram was bought sometime ago and registered fine in bios with the celeron.

Since upgrade of cpu & heatsink - the RAM slot closest to heatsink just doesn’t want to work. Tried swapping ram modules around. Single slots used. The slot furthest away from heatsink seems to work fine with all ram modules.

See pictures of failures and ram used. 

The bios jut seems to loop around at 30% when Any ideas??

• npapanik
      By npapanik
      As in subject, Service Pack for ProLiant 2018.03.0 (SPP) does not support Microserver Gen 10?

Any explanation?

TIA
    • juan3211
      By juan3211
      HI, I have purchased a GEN 10 microserver (version CPU AMD Opteron X3216 / 1.6 GHz with 8 Gb RAM). 

I have installed Server 2016 Standard (two hard disk: 2Tb and 4Tb RED) but I have a problem with task manager.

During some months after purchasing it, I had installed Windows Server 2012 Standard Evaluation Version. Now I have 2016 Standard.

With 2012 version I could see disk usage in task manager, with Server 2016 Standard NO.

I have checked device manager and everything has its driver.May be I have to update some default driver for this? I can't see anything for that in HP web page.

(The 2Tb and 4Tb hard disk are today Dynamic disk because I will mirror the 2Tb disk in 4Tb disk)

Regards,
    • Kelv1n
      By Kelv1n
      Hi Folks

Wondering if somebody could advise, I'm looking to purchase 32GB RAM for my HP Microserver Gen10, and have been offered  2x16GB PC4-17000 DDR 2133P... Would this work in one of these boxes?

Speed wise, I'm not too fussed about.

Thanks