RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
itGeeks

For Sale: Lian-Li EX-503, 5 Bay (Support RAID 0/1/5/10JBoD) External Enclosure.

itGeeks

This unit has been shelved most of it's life, Only used for a short time. It does have some very minor scratches but nothing that should be a show stopper. I am missing the HDD mounting screws for it but you can find them very easy online.

What makes this stand out from most of the rest is you don't need a 'port multiplier' to setup the RAID if your using the USB connection, Reason is the unit has on-board dip switches to set the RAID type.

LIAN-LI Ex503 Capture.PNG

I am asking 150.00 for it, Buyer pays shipping.

Terms & conditions: If your a forum member with 50+ posts after you pay for the unit I will ship it the very next business day via UPS and PM you with the tracking number and the amount of shipping, You will need to send me the shipping cost to my PayPal by the next day. If you have less then 50 post and or signed up as a forum member for the sole purpose of purchasing my unit then you will need to pay the total cost of unit plus shipping cost before I ship. How this would work is you pay me for the cost of the unit at witch time I would take it to UPS and find out the shipping cost, I would PM you the amount and you would send the shipping cost to my PayPal then I will ship.... NO EXCEPTIONS

Please PM me if your interested...

Edited by itGeeks

Jason

My EX-503 served me well for a few years, but ultimately started having mechanical issues reporting drivepool drives as failing constantly. Recently replaced with another enclosure and those same drives, which were also new, haven’t experienced any of these same issues.

itGeeks

Jason, That's very interesting. I had no such problems with it though mine was not in service as long as your.

1) How did you confirm that your drives where not failing other then replacing it with another enclosure?

2) What interface where you using to connect to the host, eSATA or USB?

itGeeks

SOLD

Ikon-TNG

I inherited 2 of these from my father. They have been running for a fair number of years now, and I'm still using them for the backup routines my father created. They have never caused any problems or exhibited any issues.

Jason

Your dad taught me how to use these exactly enclosures to rotate onsite and offsite backups. Sad to see these being sold off.