Sign in to follow this  
HellDiverUK

Thecus W4810 thoughts?

HellDiverUK

Well folks, it's been a very long time since I've been on this forum, as I've been sort of busy and my trusty unRAID box has just been doing it's thing in the corner.

I picked up a Thecus W4810 in a Black Friday sale (it's still on it's way to me, super-slow shipping alert!), but I have a few questions.

I know the specs say there's a 60GB SSD for boot, but I seem to remember seeing a review of an older Thecus (W4000?) on YouTube and they remarked that the drive fitted was actually a 120GB unit.  Is this still the case?  I run Plex on my server, so would be nice to have a little more space, especially for the likes of downloads, and of course the Plex database.

If it is indeed only a 60GB SSD, I'm assuming it's easy enough to clone the drive on to a bigger SSD with the likes of Acronis?  I'd probably be looking at something like a 240GB Sandisk Extreme Pro or perhaps even a new Intel Pro 5400S 256GB I liberated out of a Dell Optiplex I use for ESXI.

Finally, I'm assuming QuickSync transcoding works on Windows via Plex - I have it working on my unRAID box by passing though the i915 driver to the Plex Docker, and it gives me the ability to transcode 1080p content with about 5-10% CPU use per stream.

Thoughts?