RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Wake On Lan in Windows10 ltsb With Gen10

cdtwszy

hey guys:

BIOS NIC: pre-wake on lan is enable;

Windows NIC:wol magic packet is enable、wol pattern match is enable、wol speed is auto;

but just don't work...how did it work?

it is power management problem?

Edited by cdtwszy

Wake On Lan is tricky. It highly depends on your configuration. You cannot make your computer hibernated or sleep in windows. HPE BIOS simply doesn't support it. You can confirm it with powercfg -a, in dos windows. I believe HPE design Gen10 as a server - always running. So windows setting doesn't make too much sense, here. Maybe check your bios setting again could help. I'm using UEFI mode, with pre-wake enabled in BOIS. I can use magic packet startup the Gen10 with windows 10 pro. ( by using fing ). But please be noted, you cannot unplug the power cable from the outlet. If the power is completely disconnect, then Wake on lan doesn't work.

Hope this can help you.

I'm sorry to reply a little later. It did work as you said, and Fing is good too.so thanksful.

On 2017/12/1 at 4:32 PM, Jack7755 said:

Wake On Lan is tricky. It highly depends on your configuration. You cannot make your computer hibernated or sleep in windows. HPE BIOS simply doesn't support it. You can confirm it with powercfg -a, in dos windows. I believe HPE design Gen10 as a server - always running. So windows setting doesn't make too much sense, here. Maybe check your bios setting again could help. I'm using UEFI mode, with pre-wake enabled in BOIS. I can use magic packet startup the Gen10 with windows 10 pro. ( by using fing ). But please be noted, you cannot unplug the power cable from the outlet. If the power is completely disconnect, then Wake on lan doesn't work.

Hope this can help you.