RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
MalastiC

HP G8 Lan card Teaming in Windows 10

MalastiC

Hi. I have 4 HP Microserver G8. The principal server have Windows 10 PRO and i need more velocity in my lan conection.

I try make a teaming with stock dual HP 332i but not working with problems in drivers. Windows 10 default put broadcom drivers. In webpage of broadcom i dont see drivers. I uptade drivers for HP 332i and the lan working best but not working teaming.

I buy a Intel PCI-E PRO/1000 PT Dual Port Server Adapter (Intel card for 30 €) and working. I need forced the driver because the defaulf installation intel not found lan card. Now i have 2 Gbps in my lan with Windows 10. (Switch DLINK with teaming o port agregation). In switch dlink webpage i see the port agregation have trafic and work.

It posible make teaming with lan card stock in Windows 10?

Thank you.

PD. Sorry for my english

Sin título-1.jpg

Edited by MalastiC

MalastiC

In Windows 10 PRO with Intel i have wotking NIC Teaming but NOT working with stock HP 332i.

I think we need a software for make teaming

In my capture you can see my Windows 10 PRO with 2 Gbps connection.

Edited by MalastiC

schoondoggy

So it appears to be supported on certain adapters. The Intel i350-F2 cards you have listed above are 'full support' so they work with teaming:

https://communities.intel.com/thread/117499

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000020905/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

The HP MS Gen8 uses the 332i/BCM5720. Searching seems to point to teaming driver software from the Broadcom site, but that has not helped. The HP NCU page seems to look like it may be the route to get what you need. There are download links in this document:

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04539182 

schoondoggy

Are you running the latest BIOS and firmware?

This is the download page for the BCM5720:

https://www.broadcom.com/products/ethernet-connectivity/controllers/bcm5720#downloads

The BACS tools is what had been used for teaming, but I think that went away:

570x/BASP_BACS_Mgnt_apps_x86_64-16.4.8.1.zip

Here is an interesting thread about Broadcom NIC teaming:

https://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/122212-hp-proliant-gen-9-broadcom-nic-teaming

One of the comments references the HP NCU.

Let me know if any of this helps. 

MalastiC

Hi. Thank you. I try in other server G8 all stock and now i have teaming working in Windows 10 PRO with stock lan card.

I use HP 332i driver and BASP tools.

If you go to team not working. You need go to C:\Program Files\Broadcom\BACS\BACS.exe and execute how administrator. Now Team is posible and you can configure.

In server with stock card and Intel PCI-E PRO/1000 PT Dual Port Server Adapter  i can make a 4 Gbps conection with Intel Software.

You need configure the 802.3ad (Link Aggregation). In my Dlink in L2 Fuctions in Link aggregation, Port Trunking.

Again thank you. Now the server copy information very rapid.

Edited by MalastiC

Thumper

Would it be possible to team network cards under a windows 2016 server on a gen8 microserver,  and have them connected on two separate satallite modems from one ISP?  I've just moved to a rural area that appears to be an internet deadzone, there is only one ISP (Xplornet) that offers satallite internet service and the maximum dlspeed is about 25mbps  (very hard to live with comming from 220mbps).  I'm thinking if network teaming could work using two 25mpbs modems/rotuers I would then have acceptable bandwidth performance necessary to have a useable internet connection???

schoondoggy
23 hours ago, Thumper said:

Would it be possible to team network cards under a windows 2016 server on a gen8 microserver,  and have them connected on two separate satallite modems from one ISP?  I've just moved to a rural area that appears to be an internet deadzone, there is only one ISP (Xplornet) that offers satallite internet service and the maximum dlspeed is about 25mbps  (very hard to live with comming from 220mbps).  I'm thinking if network teaming could work using two 25mpbs modems/rotuers I would then have acceptable bandwidth performance necessary to have a useable internet connection???

I don't think that will work. The big question lies with the ISP, can they bond two 25mbps modems to act as one 50mbps connection. There are firewalls with two WAN ports, supporting failover or load balance. You could have the two modems connected to the firewall and let it balance the traffic between the two. Untangle and PFsense support this if you want to build your own.