RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
DaMenace

My next little tinkering project

DaMenace

I got bored today so I thought I would start a silly project. I dug out my old Cisco stuff and started getting them connected and on a dedicated lab network. Success on the ASA.....Success on the 2950 Switch........Success on the 3750 Switch.

9b740d7f769b742c7b8790c63b8b3eb0.jpg

All this accomplished with my Surface Pro and Logitech Bluetooth Keyboard.

Trig0r

5505, I remember those days...

Ikon-TNG

A Surface Pro. I have one of those, and a Cisco switch, but not one of the ones you show. Mine has 18 ports.

Edited by Ikon-TNG

DaMenace

I have two 2950 Switches and one 3750 

and one 3650. The ASA is and has been my favorite for quite a while. It just works. I have a four post rolling rack and a nice two post rack. When I can I will post a small series of pictures of the before and a complete series of after photos. 

Ikon-TNG

Mine is an SG200-18.

DaMenace

I  also have a full stack of Meraki equipment.

Trig0r

How do you rate the Meraki stuff, I almost trialed it once at my last place but the thought of it being a doorstop once you were out of support kinda killed it for us..

DaMenace
1 hour ago, Trig0r said:

How do you rate the Meraki stuff, I almost trialed it once at my last place but the thought of it being a doorstop once you were out of support kinda killed it for us..

I have a Meraki Stack consisting of a MX64 Firewall, MS220-8P Switch and a MR18 Wireless AP. I installed these on my Lab network and had no issues. The devices work flawlessly with top notch security features. The only thing I have to say is that this equipment only has 100mb Wan speed. I have a full 500mb downstream ISP and if I use this it seems disappointing to me.

Overall I love it right now. I might change my mind when it comes time to renew my license for these cloud managed equipment.

DaMenace
2 hours ago, DaMenace said:

I have a Meraki Stack consisting of a MX64 Firewall, MS220-8P Switch and a MR18 Wireless AP. I installed these on my Lab network and had no issues. The devices work flawlessly with top notch security features. The only thing I have to say is that this equipment only has 100mb Wan speed. I have a full 500mb downstream ISP and if I use this it seems disappointing to me.

Overall I love it right now. I might change my mind when it comes time to renew my license for these cloud managed equipment.

Here is a link to my post on Meraki and my lab setup.

4 hours ago, Trig0r said: