By Mark Belanger
I'm new to the HPMSG8 world and so far I'm loving it. I have a stock Xeon with 16G of aftermarket memory with iLO patched to 2.70. Next up is adding a RAID card, so I can put my boot SSD on the onboard RAID. I picked up a LSI SAS9211-8i on Amazon, but am struggling to flash it to IT mode on the MicroServer. Is this even possible? Unfortunately, the only other system I have with PCI slots is 32-bit.
Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
I've got my hands on a HP N40L.
Can i use raid 1+0 on my 4 2TB WD RED or only 1 and 0.
Thanks for the help.
I have a HP Microserver Gen 8 upgraded to Xeon E3 1265 v2, 16Gb RAM, SSD 256 Gb on the ODD Port and 2 x 3 TB WD RED disks
In the SSD I have an ESXi 6.5 U2 (HP custom image) version installed (driver downgraded to 5.5.088 from 5.5.102) and the WD Disks are in RAID 1 for datastore of vmware related files
I just bought a HP 410 Raid Controller with 1gb FWBC and battery
I did read a lot about this subject, I know that isn't possible to be monitored by ILO 4....but I would like if someone can confirm me my thoughts about how to made this migration
1) Plug HP410 on the mobo
2) Connect Cable used in the disks WD to the lower port of the P410
3) Connect ODD cable used for the SSD Disk in the upper port of the p410
4) Turn On microserver and enter in the SSA and check if arrays created in the b120i are visible for the p410
5) If is OK, restart
- I have that to do something for to boot the SSD that has ESXi installation when boot up server?
- Driver 5.5.088 hpvsa will see the datastores on the p410 without no action from my side?
- Must I disable b120i on bios or is possible co-live with the P410
It'll be very apreciated the help
Now I share my extreamly mod for your reference
Hello! I put P222 on my Gen8 server, but I can not use RAID6. Can someone share the key?