RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
jcollison

Don't use Coinbase or BTC to purchase on Newegg

jcollison

Right now the blockchain for bitcoin is so slow, it can't meet the 15-minute time limit that Newegg puts on each transaction.  It just times out and you have to cancel the order and request a refund.  Not a great experience just yet.

Move the BTC to your bank account or PayPal and do the transaction from there.  Much better.

ShadowPeo

Depending on mining fees from reports there is about a 22-hour wait for confirmations

Given the cancellation of SegWit2x the general consensus to the people that I have talked to is that it means that Bitcoin Cash wins by reason of default. This is why the Masternode style systems of Dash and ZenCash can work better. I am just trying to decide when to "cash out" my BTC to one of the others (BCH, DASH, ZEN, ETH, ZCASH, LTC) as they are all more reliable at the moment and I think will weather the storm better when the inevitable BTC bubble bursts, going to be a lot of tears with that one

Edited by ShadowPeo

Dave

Well that stinks!  That's why I'm in this game to buy more cards!  Another 3% to move it to PayPal?  Geez.

jcollison

The run up in BTC price this week should cover that 3% just fine Dave.  Sell, sell, sell!

ShadowPeo

Problem is getting the sell confirmed with the confirmations being 22 hours it could crash in that 22 hours :(

• Similar Content

• Dave
      By Dave
      Digging in a little more about what to report and what to tax.  This podcast below is a wealth of information for anyone that is holding a coin.

http://pca.st/bd2Y

Some items i have heard:

Coinbase provided the IRS the information of anyone in their system with $20k or over in assets.
      Deposits to Coinbase via FIAT currency are not taxable events.
      Trade of BTC to Altcoin IS A TAXABLE event.

Reply with concerns or take-aways from this podcast.

*This is not tax advice. Consult a tax professional.
    • jcollison
      By jcollison
      There is a new beta version update.  Adds one more option for mining bringing the total options to 10 altcoins.  My cards continue to over perform in this current market.  #hashon

Note: make sure you rebenchmark before you start mining again.  I am just using Standard.
    • jcollison
      By jcollison
      I have an affiliate link for Coinbase if you are starting an account there.  Use the link https://www.coinbase.com/join/55b1870069702d49520000ae

Thanks.  Its worth a $10 credit for me.  

Been using it now for 6 months or so and like the service I get for BTC.  Good way to get USD in and out of BTC.