schoondoggy

Connect Any Wired Alarm System to SmartThings

schoondoggy

Looks like an interesting Kickstarter:

ImTheTypeOfGuy

That looks very good. I thought it would be much more than I am willing to pay due to having 25 zones. I was shocked how affordable it is. I have two years on my Vivint contract so I need to decide if I buy in now or wait until Vivint expires.

Ikon-TNG

That looks really interesting. Too bad Dad didn't get a chance to wire up all the security gear I've had sitting in a canvas shopping bag for something like 6 years. I may try to give it a go, but it looks complicated. Dad had a brother in law who was in the business, but he died, so I'm on my own.

Dave

I had this idea several years ago and never ran with it.  I tested out a few sensors in my house to see if I could get action off of them and tie them into a zigbee or zwave sensor.  That was back when zwave charged $3000 for the dev kit so I never pursued it.  I was able to trigger states with everything in the home except the glass breaks.  I was having power issues with them.  I'll read deeper on this project to see how they are doing it.  I may jump on a small board just to check it out.  I wish I would have purchased it on the early bird!

Dave

Thinking about this more...it would be nice to see status on glass breaks and other sensors while away or travelling.  The only problem is once you do the board you have to go all in.  We use our alarm system at night but it's not monitored.  I'm still thinking on this one.

Nate Clark

Hi there, I'm Nate, the creator of Konnected and the guy in the video.

Just checking in here to answer any questions that you may have.

• Like 2

Dave

Great to see you in here Nate.  I think we are all pulling for your success.  I have a few questions.

After the Kickstarter, how can we order the product?  

We are catching this so close to the end but I am betting that many more will be interested in it.  

How do you power the glass breaks and motion sensors?

sonynut
8 hours ago, Dave said:

Great to see you in here Nate.  I think we are all pulling for your success.  I have a few questions.

After the Kickstarter, how can we order the product?  

We are catching this so close to the end but I am betting that many more will be interested in it.  

How do you power the glass breaks and motion sensors?

Use an Altronix power supply/charger. Size you would need would depend on current draw of all your devices. Something like this https://www.amazon.com/Altronix-SMP5PMCTX-Supervised-Supply-Charger/dp/B00EZSQS5O/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1513116016&sr=8-10&keywords=altronix+12vdc+power+supply