RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

p222 initialisation time + ssa web interface on linux

scruffters

Hello gang,

It's been a while!

Couple of questions....

1) Just popped a used P222 in my microserver and created a RAID5 array using 4x 4TB ironwolf HDDs. I'm using Rapid Initialisation, but it  seems to be running slower than I remember. The P222 firmware is 8.00 and so far it's taken about 3 hours to do 25%, which is not horrific, but I swear the P222 I had a couple of years ago was a lot faster! For completeness, I've got caching enabled, FWBC is connected and charged, transformation priority = high and rebuild priority = high.

2) I've installed ssa from the HP repo. I'm on Ubuntu 16.04, but can't seem to locate the service via it's web interface.

AFAIK it should come up at http://IP:2301. The service was started using...

ssa -start

...but I can't access it using my web browser :huh:

FWIW I find HP/E's shenanigans annoying RE documentation/moving repos/siloing firmware behind a paywall ..even though I bought their bloody hardware.

Cheers,

Scruffters

Edited by scruffters

PS. I will run SAAP tomorrow because some of the firmware is out of date and I noticed that some kind soul has put up a link. I can't imagine this will change anything though.

Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 22.28.26.png

Thanks for the reply Schoondoggy!

I'm running the 512 module with FWBC.

Init. finished after around 18 hours.

Bonnie benchmarks show the storage to behave similarly to the last time I had this config. Around 500MB/s read and write.

I'm kind of aware that almost a day to rapid init a RAID5 is not unreasonable, but I remember this was faster last time.

...maybe I have a bad memory :)

• 2 weeks later...