Joe_Miner

Twitter App for Android

Joe_Miner

I'm used to the Tweetum App in Windows that allowed me to manage multiple twitter accounts but now that I've moved to Android I'm not sure what App to go with for the same/more utility.  What are you folks using?

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Either of you using Microsoft's next app. It looks very nice but isn't working on the latest Android software. I hope they update it soon.

• Like 1

up7500

I use Tweetcaster.  I don't have to manage multiple accounts, but I know the ability is there.

• Like 1

Joe_Miner

Trying Talon out now, like how it eliminate s twitter commercials which is something Kathy is looking for

Dave

Did you settle on Talon?  I like it.  I change it to dark mode and then customize the notifications to chill out.  Then I like to tell it not to fetch in the background.  I'll refresh it every time I open it.  Saves battery.  It's been my goto client for a few years.

Joe_Miner

Yup, working well! Still need to install it on Kathy's phone, I've been testing it out so that hopefully I can answer her questions

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Dave
      By Dave
      RESET Forums now has an Android app on the Google Play Store.  I don't see it via search since it just hit but I have a hard link to it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tapatalk.homeservershowcomforums&rdid=com.tapatalk.homeservershowcomforums

You can install it from there.  If you are a TapaTalk user it will look familiar with one caveat. You login with your RESET Forums credentials, not your tapatalk creds.  Once logged in you will notice more options for your interaction, notification, etc.

I hope you enjoy this app. iOS is coming soon.

By Guest

The Home Server Show 39 - OS Drive Failure Options.  In today's episode we briefly talk about the article I wrote on replacing a hard drive in your Windows Home Server but the questions that came up were what do I do if I have a failure of my system drive.  I'll go over your options and provide some excellent links!

Book Give-Away

Andrew Edney’s Book - Windows Home Server Users Guide

Andrew Edney’s Site - http://usingwindowshomeserver.com/

Listen to the show to see if you won!

Congratulations to Ian Dixon and The Media Center Show for reaching show number 200!

The Before You Build Windows Home Server Checklist

Adding a Disk Drive to an already full Windows Home Server

WHS Backup Database-Backup Add-In
      Windows Home Server Technical Brief for Home Computer Backup and Restore

Another link I think is useful that discusses RAID vs. WHS.  Read this article and the comments.

Here is the link mentioned at the end of the podcast.  It's the one you want to save or print.  It might save you some time and headaches someday.

How to recover data after server failure
      Leave me a voicemail with Skype! Click me to call HomeServerShow.com

Follow the Podcast on Twitter!

Don't forget to vote for the Home Server Show at Podcast Alley.

My Blog at thedigitallifestyle.com

[iTunes] Subscribe to the Podcast in iTunes(MP3).
      [Zune] Subscribe to the Podcast in the Zune Marketplace.
      [Mp3] Download the Podcast in MP3.
      [RSS] Add the Podcast feed to your RSS aggregator.
      [blog RSS] Add the Blog feed to your RSS aggregator.
    • Dave
      By Dave
      I like this author but he seems to blame  MicroSD technology for user error. I used to love a phone that supported upgradeable storage but finally bit the bullet and went with a 128Gb Pixel XL and couldn't be happier.  No errors with the card, no worries with drops, and faster storage.
      Secondly, this all could have been avoided by locking the phone! No, you might not get it back, but your worries are gone, and scumbag thief has a bricked device. A good home warranty will replace that handset.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/moving-from-android-to-ios-lessons-learned-helping-with-a-transition/

The last two points I get. No arguments there.  Seriously folks. Upgrade from your old Galaxy S3, Ahem Avram Piltch, get a decent phone and a good home warranty coverage for your portables.

Read the rest of this article and pay attention to the Transition section. These points and many more make it VERY hard for me to consider an iOS device as my daily handset.
    • ultimusrex
      By ultimusrex
      Hey everyone. First of all, I'm unsure if this is the best place for this thread, so admins, feel free to move it, if necessary.   As I am just starting (or trying to get started) setting up a smart home/home automation system, and I am a huge technophile, it has always been a dream of mine to have a cool (and useful) central touchscreen control panel in my house. As I was dreaming up future plans for my smart home, I revisited this concept. At first it was a fleeting and fanciful dream, since there is no way that, on our budget, I am going to waste an expensive tablet computer to act as a mostly dedicated wall-mounted control panel. But then my eyes got wide, along with my grin, as I remembered the likes of www.gearbest.com -- with a huge selection of relatively dirt cheap off-brand smart phones and tablets. So now I've been thinking very seriously about this possibility and searching for a good tablet at a good price, as well as some nice wall-mount hardware.   So I'm wondering what you all think about the DIY touchscreen control panel for the smart home. Do any of you already have something implemented? I am trying to compile a list of possible uses for such a device, to make it as useful (and cool) as possible. If you have any ideas, or know any good apps for this purpose, please include them in a reply. The ultimate version of this idea would be to have a tablet eventually in most rooms of the house, maybe a larger, slightly more expensive one near the home entry, and smaller, cheaper satellite devices throughout. I personally would prefer an Android tablet for this, but if you have any ideas for an iPad (or Windows), please share those, too.   Here are some of my own ideas: Home Automation Control Center -- most likely using the mobile app for whichever smart home ecosystem you have decided to go with in your home Weather Station -- Lately I've been really happy with an Android app called "Weather Timeline" that I think would look good and work well Music Player -- I don't think this would work very well if you're a big audiophile, but using the tablet's bluetooth, you could connect it to bluetooth speakers in the room or a bluetooth receiver in your media center and play Pandora, Spotify, or whatever over them, or find a more robust whole-home music system that has an tablet app available for control. Video Phone -- using Skype, Google Hangouts, or whatever. Motion Sensor/Security Cam -- I know there are ways, with combinations of apps and the likes of Tasker, to have the built-in (front-facing) camera watch for motion then start recording or broadcasting when it sees something. Intercom -- if you have tablets mounted in multiple rooms and don't feel like shouting across the house to your spouse or children, you could "call" them on the tablet network. I know there has to be some walkie-talkie-type apps available, or there's always Google Hangouts with voice calls and video calls. Note/Message Center -- you could keep a notepad or sticky notes widget, or an audio note app, on the home screen so you can leave memos to your family, manage your shopping list, etc. Household Calendar -- using Google Calendar (or whatever app/service your household uses), you could keep track of everybody's agenda. Security System Control Center -- Currently, we have an ADT system, but once our contract is up, I'm hoping to cancel them and set up a self-managed system and use a mounted tablet for controlling and activating it.  
      I'm sure I'll think of some other ways to use a wall-mounted tablet, and I'll try to add them to this list as they come to me (or as I add them to my own mounted tablet).
    • Dave
      By Dave
      On Surface Geeks Podcast 34 I put out a challenge for you guys to sound off on what Twitter app you use and I listed a few requirements for the perfect Twitter app. In my opinion of course.  It's such a subjective question and answer on what is perfect.  My perfect app may not be physically possible.  It's a wish list though.

LIst the apps that you use, tried to use, etc, then give me some features you would like to see in your "perfect" Twitter app for WP8.

MehDoh
      meTweets
      twabbit
      Twitter’s App
      People Hub
      Rowi

My Wish List
      Timeline Options         
                 Double Tap to top
                 Where to start timeline when you open app. Latest tweet, where last left off.
      Mentions
      Composing
                 I need the @ and # sign on screen somehow. No hitting shift!
                 Start autofill after hitting the @ button
      Retweet
                 Always give option to quote.
      What happens when you tap the tweet?
      Easily view the "conversation."
      Easy way to view a link.
      In Line Photos, especially Instagram and SkyDrive.
      Ability to zoom photo
      Alerts
      Lock Screen Info
      Handle Multiple Accounts easily
      Bonus Points
                 Sync with a desktop/RT client!
                 Send link to tweet via share options
                 Send a link that is in the tweet to share options, Pocket, etc.