RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

RAID 10 - Logic Drive 2 not visible in Windows 10

rodzynx

Hello, 

After 4 years of using N54L as a home storage/media server, I decided to upgrade the server to HP Microserver Gen8. 

I have read few articles in this forum how to install windows, on SSD connected to ODD, but I am struggling with one thing. I can't see the logic drive which I have created from drives in the normal bays 

My configuration is as follows:

SSD drive connected in ODD set as (Logic Drive 1 - RAID 0)

4 x 4TB Drives in normal bays (Logic Drive2 - RAID 10)

I have created the Logic Drive 2 after installation of Windows 10. Could it be the reason behind it? Do I have to initiate this drive somehow?

Thx

Hello, 
After 4 years of using N54L as a home storage/media server, I decided to upgrade the server to HP Microserver Gen8. 
I have read few articles in this forum how to install windows, on SSD connected to ODD, but I am struggling with one thing. I can't see the logic drive which I have created from drives in the normal bays 

My configuration is as follows:
SSD drive connected in ODD set as (Logic Drive 1 - RAID 0)
4 x 4TB Drives in normal bays (Logic Drive2 - RAID 10)

I have created the Logic Drive 2 after installation of Windows 10. Could it be the reason behind it? Do I have to initiate this drive somehow?

Thx
Did you setup the drive in Disk Management in Windows? Have you installed the SSA software in Windows to manage your arrays?

There is only a single drive in Disk Management which is the SSD drive.

I have been configuring the RAIDs in HP Smart Storage Administrator, but in the one, which comes when you press F5 during the boot of the server.

Should I install additional software on Windows as well?

You have to install HP drivers to access this raid. But the fact that you can see SSD configured in Raid is strange. I would reinstall Windows from the scratch using current configuration and add drivers right in the installation process when you're choosing disk to install.

Has anyone tried to complete a raid expansion or know if the onboard raid controller can complete a raid expansion?

I have 1 SSD in Array 1 - OS only

1 have 4 2TB HDD in array 2 in a raid 1+0.  

Im running out of space on array 2 so i'm hoping to find a solution of increasing my disk sizes without having to backup and restore.

In theory my disk 3 is a mirror of my disk 1 & disk 4 is a mirror of my disk 2 so i'm wondering if i can do a online swap??

Has anyone tried to complete a raid expansion or know if the onboard raid controller can complete a raid expansion?

Im running out of space on array 2 so i'm hoping to find a solution of increasing my disk sizes without having to backup and restore.

In theory my disk 3 is a mirror of my disk 1 & disk 4 is a mirror of my disk 2 so i'm wondering if i can do a online swap??

The B120i does not support RAID expansion. HP Smart Array controllers do support expansion. If you have the PCIe slot available you could add a P222 RAID controller, move your array to it and expand it. Otherwise you would need to setup a new array and restore from backup.
  • Like 1