RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
schoondoggy

Best mining I have found so far!

Trig0r

You can mine on CPU/GPU/HDD, only worth it if you are powerful enough to make a profit...

Ikon-TNG

I have a few stats to share.

I went over the past 3 of my electricity bills. We get charged different rates for power, depending on time of day and day of week; overnight hours and weekends being cheaper. I worked out an average for our use of 8.5 cents per kwH. I connected my computer (but not the monitors) to my little power meter and entered the price per kwH.

With that done, yesterday I left my system running NiceHash from 12:45pm until 10:10 this morning; roughly 22 hours. The meter said I used 23.5 cents worth of electricity. So,

Hours run: 22

Power Used: 23.5 cents (2.77 kwH)

Avg. electricity price/day: 25 cents

NiceHash estimate: 80 - 140 cents/day

Right now, it says I have an unpaid balance of $2.80.

Can anyone tell me how much more powerful a GTX 1060 would be, compared to a 750 Ti? I mean, a multiplier factor for the BitCoins generated.

ImTheTypeOfGuy
I went over the past 3 of my electricity bills. We get charged different rates for power, depending on time of day and day of week; overnight hours and weekends being cheaper. I worked out an average for our use of 8.5 cents per kwH. I connected my computer (but not the monitors) to my little power meter and entered the price per kwH.
With that done, yesterday I left my system running NiceHash from 12:45pm until 10:10 this morning; roughly 22 hours. The meter said I used 23.5 cents worth of electricity. So,

Can anyone tell me how much more powerful a GTX 1060 would be, compared to a 750 Ti? I mean, a multiplier factor for the BitCoins generated.

I think someone is getting hooked.

Dave
23 hours ago, Ikon-TNG said:

I sent this to you on another thread.  All you need is right here:  https://www.nicehash.com/profitability-calculator

Ikon-TNG
13 hours ago, ImTheTypeOfGuy said:

I think someone is getting hooked.

No; at least not yet. I'm still researching, trying things, trying to find out if it's worth it. But, who knows, maybe one day ;)

23 minutes ago, Dave said:

I sent this to you on another thread.  All you need is right here:  https://www.nicehash.com/profitability-calculator

Thank you very much, and I apologise for not finding that page myself. Although, I can't help wondering just how accurate it can be, given that it can't take into account my entire computer's hardware. Still, maybe it's close enough. Anyway, thanks again for posting it.

Dave

I always round down.  Make sure you know what RAM is in that 1060. 3Gb or 6Gb.

Ikon-TNG
2 hours ago, Dave said:

I always round down.  Make sure you know what RAM is in that 1060. 3Gb or 6Gb.

Hadn't thought of that. Didn't actually know it made a difference, but now you mention it, it makes sense.

Anyway, I just looked at the original box. It's an EVGA GTX 750 TI with 2GB of RAM. :D

Dave

That's not bad.  It's low by mining standards but you also didn't have to put down hard cash for a mining GPU.  Next is to decide if it is worth the effort to mine with it, wait it out for months to get a substantial amount being fee and tax aware.