RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
schoondoggy

Best mining I have found so far!

jcollison
3 hours ago, Ikon-TNG said:

i have to admit, I'm fascinated by this whole 'coin mining' thing. It's something my father never got into. Not sure if I should be surprised of not :)

So @jcollison, you're actually making at least a little money from it? In another thread someone mentioned there are many different digital coins (is that the right term?). Which one(s) are you mining?

I am using Mining Pool Hub as the Pool and Awesome Miner has the Miner.  I mine all kinds of different ones.  You can see the list at Mining Pool Hub.  https://miningpoolhub.com/

Ikon-TNG

Wow, so many digital coin systems. Who knew? Well, not me anyway.

So I left my system running overnight and to about 5pm today. I've mined a whole 64 cents :) Another whole day and I'll have enough for a cup of coffee :blink:

One thing I hadn't thought about. If you want to, how do you go about converting your eCoins ??? into hard currency, or can you?

Trig0r

Yes you can, mine to wallet, wallet to exchange, exchange, depending on which one, can go to PayPal or bank account, or from wallet to bank if you use something like localbitcoins and have something you can sell 

Ikon-TNG
16 hours ago, Trig0r said:

Yes you can, mine to wallet, wallet to exchange, exchange, depending on which one, can go to PayPal or bank account, or from wallet to bank if you use something like localbitcoins and have something you can sell 

Interesting. So, if I made some eCoin, I could have them paid into my PayPal account which, presumably, I could then transfer to my bank account. Or, I could buy stuff online from vendors who offer PayPal.

Ikon-TNG
9 hours ago, jcollison said:

Best way I have found to get coin into cash is at Coinbase.  https://www.coinbase.com/join/55b1870069702d49520000ae

Thanks for the invite. I won't accept it now because, at the moment, I'm just fulfilling my curiosity about this whole digital coin phenomenon. I don't think my lowly GTX-750 TI is powerful enough to mine enough coin to really matter. After about 20.5 hours of mining I have a whopping $1.06US, or 0.00009468 BTC. It's hard to say if that covers the cost of the electricity. Maybe I'll put a watt meter on my computer to see how much juice it uses.

On the bright side, I think it's amazing how well the GTX 750 TI handles the load. I searched around and found a little program called CPUID-Hardware Monitor. From what I could find, it seems to be pretty well regarded. It says, running full out at 100% GPU utilization, that my card never goes above 60C (and usually it's in the high 40s or low 50s). From what I've read, I was expecting 80s or even 90s. Maybe it's cause it's so low powered?

Trig0r
30 minutes ago, Ikon-TNG said:

Interesting. So, if I made some eCoin, I could have them paid into my PayPal account which, presumably, I could then transfer to my bank account. Or, I could buy stuff online from vendors who offer PayPal.

Yeah pretty much, SouthXchange will drop USD into your paypal account..

Ikon-TNG
Just now, Trig0r said:

Yeah pretty much, SouthXchange will drop USD into your paypal account..

It's a strange world, but interesting.

Dave

GTX 750 time = $23.00 a month on Nice hash. Probably a tad more.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Does mining work with servers that have a GPU.