RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
schoondoggy

Best mining I have found so far!

Dave

A new 1060! I think she is mining you Schoon!

cskenney

Schoondoggy is going to have to put time limits on his daughters daily gaming so she isn't impacting the mining.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

That is my preferred morning as well.

jcollison

I just finished my first full month of mining with the ASUS GTX 1060 cards.  Netted about $75 total using 2 card running almost full time.  Used about $20 in power during that time as well.  So net about $55.  Cards costed $225 each.  Takes about 10 months for them to pay off.  About what I estimated in the beginning.  The things I learned while doing this?  Priceless!  

• Like 1

Ikon-TNG

i have to admit, I'm fascinated by this whole 'coin mining' thing. It's something my father never got into. Not sure if I should be surprised of not :)

So @jcollison, you're actually making at least a little money from it? In another thread someone mentioned there are many different digital coins (is that the right term?). Which one(s) are you mining?

Ikon-TNG

So curiosity got the better of me and I looked up Nicehash. I now know it's a mining program. So I downloaded it, just for giggles.

Currently, it's doing its Mining Optimization.

But here's the best part: I get to give you guys probably one of the best laughs you'll get today. Nicehash is trying to optimize my nVideo GTX-750 TI :D:D:D I'm sure I'll be rich very soon :lol:

Oops, update: it's finished optimizing and estimates I'll make $0.70US per day.

Edited by Ikon-TNG

Ikon-TNG

This mining must be pretty popular. I checked Amazon.ca, Newegg.ca, and Canadacomputers.com and they basically have zero, or almost zero, GTX-1060 cards available. Crazy.

Ikon-TNG

I've been watching the DOS window that Nicehash seems to run. Every once in a while I see it put out a line similar to "net | Share #xx accepted". Can someone help me understand what this means?

Dave

That means NH has accepted a job your CPU or GPU has performed.  You will see the job come to you and that is it going back to NH completed.  That now converts to $$$ for you.  You just earned $Bitcoin.