RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
jcollison

If you are thinking about starting a BTC Account at Coinbase

cskenney

I may miss out on the fork.  I am using Coinbase for my mining wallet which means Nicehash won't payout until I reach 0.01 BTC.  That is predicted to be in December.  Looks like there is no way to get the payout earlier either.  If I switch to a Nicehash wallet (pays out at 0.001 BTC) then the earned BTC in the Coinbase wallet is just stuck there.

Dave

I have the account and it wants bank account information. I have 2factor setup and account setup is all that is left.  Am I supposed to do this?

jcollison

You don't have to set up bank info to move BTC from Nicehash to Coinbase.  You will need to set it up if you want to get it out.  I think Paypal will work too

Dave

Ok. Thanks for answering all my Noob questions.  I just transferred all my BTC from Nicehash wallet to a coinbase wallet.  My next payout on nicehash might not make it to coinbase in time so I'm just doing it now.  Now I'll sit back and keep on mining!

Trig0r

Just stick your coinbase wallet ID into the Nicehash miner, that's all I did, well, my Wex ID but same theory..

Dave

Interesting security on the transfer too.  I requested the transfer using a newly generated BTC address from BTC. Copied that to a text editor for verification later.  There are some viruses in the wild that look for BTC wallets getting copied into clipboard then the bad guy replaces it with bad guys address.  It's a long string of characters so most wouldn't notice the swap.  Copy your address to a text editor and verify it!

Put that BTC address in the Nicehash withdraw to initiate the transfer.  It then asks you to check your email for verification.  I'm thinking one of those simple click here kind of things but it used 2 factor in the verification as well.  That was pretty cool.  I'm using Google Authenticator as my 2 Factor so I generated a code, typed it in as well as the code they sent via email.  Not a big deal really but I thought it was kind of cool.

12 minutes ago, Trig0r said:

Just stick your coinbase wallet ID into the Nicehash miner, that's all I did, well, my Wex ID but same theory..

I guess I need to do that.  That leads me to question the transfer rate.  Is it the same?  Mining to coinbase wallet vs. mining to nicehash wallet and transferring.  

Now I need to figure out how to use all my riches!!!

• Like 1

jcollison

I prefer to let my stacks of BTC build up in the Nicehash Wallet and I move them to Coinbase when I want to.  In the future, there might be other destinations like Poloniex or Bettrex that I might want to use.  Keeps the fees down that way too.

Dave

What are you running now Jim?

Trig0r

tbh I've not even looked into what the nicehash fee's are, I guess if I set my self up on there and then mine to that wallet ID and then cash out when its a larger amount I'll be saving a bit, is there a set fee or is it a % of what you have in the wallet?

jcollison

I am just running Nicehash.  Haven't dug into the fees

• Similar Content

• Dave
      By Dave
      Digging in a little more about what to report and what to tax.  This podcast below is a wealth of information for anyone that is holding a coin.

http://pca.st/bd2Y

Some items i have heard:

Coinbase provided the IRS the information of anyone in their system with $20k or over in assets.
      Deposits to Coinbase via FIAT currency are not taxable events.
      Trade of BTC to Altcoin IS A TAXABLE event.

Reply with concerns or take-aways from this podcast.

*This is not tax advice. Consult a tax professional.
    • jcollison
      By jcollison
      Right now the blockchain for bitcoin is so slow, it can't meet the 15-minute time limit that Newegg puts on each transaction.  It just times out and you have to cancel the order and request a refund.  Not a great experience just yet.

Move the BTC to your bank account or PayPal and do the transaction from there.  Much better.